Born in 1828, Herbert Bree was educated in Bury St Edmunds and at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge. He was ordained in 1852. After curacies in Suffolk he held incumbencies at Harkstead and Brampton before his ordination to the episcopate as Bishop of Barbados in 1882. He died in post on 26 Feb. 1899.
- National Archives
- "Bree, Herbert (BRY846H)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- "Who was Who" 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- Archdeaconry of Huntingdon
- All Saints, Barbados
- Diocesan web site
- The Times, Monday, Feb 27, 1899; pg. 6; Issue 35763; col E Obituary The Rt Rev H. Bree
|This article about an individual Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Barbadian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|