|— city —|
|Elevation||427 m (1,401 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Herbertpur is located at the bank of river Asan It has an average elevation of 427 metres (1,401 feet). It is a beautiful place in between Shivalik and Himalayas range. There are many spots near this place,i.e. Asan Barage, Rampur Mandi,Dakpather, Kattapather, Natural swimming pool(Bawri), Kalsi and etc..
As of 2011[update] India census, Herbertpur had a population of 19242. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Herbertpur has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 63%. In Herbertpur, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
This place is also known for Christian Hospital Herbertpur (known as Lehman hospital), which was set by Christian missionary Dr Lehman to provide necessary medical care to the nearby villages and hilly people of Jaunsar Bawar and Himachal Pradesh. The Tehsil Campus and Civil Court of Vikasnagar is also situated in the surrounding of Herbertpur. This place is very well known to the tourists as it is very well connected to the roads joining to Himachal Pradesh, U.P., Jaunsar Bawar etc.. The rehabilitation camps for Tibetan people are also in this area.
Place to Visit 
Herbertpur is a great spot to visit as it has beautiful places like Dak Pather and Katta Pather. The nearest Hill Station is Chakrata which is about 45 km from Herbertpur. Herbertpur houses the Dakk Pathar Dam. it is in close proximity to various hill stations like Chakrata, Mussourie. It lies close to Paunta Sahib and Dehradun. NHW 123 passes through Vikasnagar.It leads to Yamunotri. Herbertpur and Vikasnagar is known as a market for remote villages of tribal region of Jaunsar Bhabhar. Herbertpur is also famous for export quality basmati rice and fruits like litchi and dussehere mangoes. Herbertpur has many mango Plantations, out of which some of the famous are Bhandari Mango Farm and Kunja Mango Farms. Herbertpur has widely been known for it natural swimming pool called Baawdi.It is generally believed that Lord Ram visited this place during TRETA yug and relieved Ahilya from her curse given by her husband Gautam Rishi
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Herbertpur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
NOTABLE PERSON OF HERBERTPUR & NEARBY AREA
1. Mr. Purushottam Kumar Jain, Ex.mem. Wages Advisory Board U.P.
2. Mr. Dhandesh Uniyal, Chairman Nagar Panchayat
3. Mr. Devendra Singh Bist, Ex-Chairman Nagar Panchayat
4. Mr. Suraj Bhan Sharma, Ex-Chairman Nagar Panchayat
5. Mrs. Urmila Sharma, Social Activist
6. Shri Saral Kishore Sharma,Jamnipur,Social Activist.
7. Dr. Mamchand Sharma, Physician
8. Mr. Rakesh Jain, Businessman & social activist
9. Dr. Meena Jain, Physician
10. Mr. Pankaj Gaur, Advocate & social activist
11.Mr. Pramod Kumar(Dehradun Road)-Manager, Raja Rammohan Roy Academy,Dehradun
12.Master Samaysingh, Social Activist
13.Mr.Vipin Kumar Dhiman,Physics Lecturer
14.Mr. Atul Sharma, Teacher & Social Activist
15.Dr. Rajpal, Physician
16.Chaudhary Dilip Singh, Ex-member Tel. Advisory committee $ social activist
17.Mr. Setha Ram, Businessman & social activist
18.Mr. Kaliram, Businessman & social activist
19.Mr. Mukesh Gaur,Jamnipur.Social Activist & Businessman
20.Mr. Varun Dhiman,Manager,State Bank of India
21.Mrs. Urmila Gautam, Ex-President Congess Committee
22.Mrs. Alka Kaushik,Canal Road
23.Mr Bupesh Gaur-Social Activist & Businessman.
24.Mr.Manish Kaushik- Bank Manager,Oriental Bank of Commerce.
25.Mr. Sanjay Kumar Kaushik,Canal Road.
26. Mr Mohit Naithani, New Colony (09654605754)
27. Mr Ilam Chand, Vikas Nagar RD, Businessman
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Uttarakhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|