Here is the second album from Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. It was preceded by Up from Below. Recorded at Adios Studios, a.k.a. the Ed Shed in Ojai, California and at Studio in the Country in Louisiana, it was released on May 29, 2012 by Vagrant Records and Rough Trade Records. It received mostly positive reviews, ranking #7 on Rolling Stone's Best Albums of 2012 list, saying "Frontman Alex Ebert sings earnestly about love and spirituality, letting his mind wander pleasantly over the band's homespun harmonies and easy-going folk-psych instrumentation."
All songs written and composed by Alex Ebert, except where noted.
||"Man on Fire"
||"That's What's Up"
||"I Don't Wanna Pray"
||"One Love to Another"
||"All Wash Out"
- Alex Ebert - vocals, guitars, percussion, organ, string arrangements
- Jade Castrinos - vocals
- Stewart Cole - piano, organ, synths, wurlitzer, pump organ, trumpet, alto horn, baritone horn, trombone, omnichord, vocals
- Josh Collazo - drums, vocals
- Seth Ford-Young - electric and acoustic bass, electric guitar, vocals
- Nora Kirkpatrick - accordion, organ, synth, vocals
- Christian Letts - acoustic guitar, electric guitar, vocals
- Orpheo McCord - drums, percussion, marimba, drum machines, didgeridoo, vocals
- Mark Noseworthy - electric guitar, acoustic guitar, 11 string guitar, charango, ronrocco, banjo, vocals
- Aaron Arntz - piano, clavinet
- Aaron Embry - piano, harmonica
- Nico Algietti - guitars
- Aaron Older - bass
- Nathaniel Markman - fiddle, viola
- George Castrinos - slide guitar on "Fiya Wata"
- Matt Linesch - Engineer/Mixing Engineer
Here debuted at #5 on the Billboard 200, with 35,000 copies sold in its first week. Up from Below, their debut album, peaked at #76.