Coat of arms
|Type||Unitary authority council of Herefordshire|
It is a relatively new council, formed on 1 April 1998 following the split of Hereford and Worcester back into two separate counties.
It is currently run by Conservatives. It has adopted the Leader and Cabinet constitutional model. The current Leader is Cllr Roger Phillips, who has appointed a cabinet of 9 other councillors, each with a separate portfolio of Council activity, for which they take political responsibility. The Council administers the County from a number of scattered office locations, but its primary address is the hub of its managerial and democratic activity at Brockington, 35 Hafod Road, Hereford HR1 1SH.
Herefordshire Council has outsourced the following services:
- Human Resources & Finance - outsourced to a limited company named "Hoople", which is wholly owned by the Council
- Leisure - Halo Leisure (A not-for-profit trust which operates all leisure services)
- Social Housing - Herefordshire Housing (A not-for-profit trust which operates all housing and accommodation services)
- Commercial Services - Amey Wye Valley Services (A commercial venture which maintains roads, grounds, street lighting, e.t.c.)
- Waste Management - Severn Waste Management (Responsible for bin collection, sorting and recycling)
- Hoople Ltd
- Herefordshire Council
- Herefordshire Housing Website
- HALO Leisure
- Severn Waste Services
|This article related to government in the United Kingdom or its constituent countries is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|