|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2007)|
Herencia is a municipality located in Ciudad Real, in the autonomous community of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain. It has a population of 8,500. The postal code is 13640. It's located 150km away from the south of Madrid.
Herencia is located on part of the eighth stretch of Don Quixote's route; a route which passes through different twons of Castilla-La Mancha. Two medium sized hills are found behind the village on which windmills are placed.
Interesting monuments and places
- The Church of La Inmaculada Concepción
- The Church of Our Lady of Mercy, which was a Mercedarian monastery in the past.
- The Windmills
- "La copa", a water tank created in 1946, located next to the natural reserve of "La Pedriza".
- "Los Caños", old fountains that supplied water to the town in the past.
- The Publich Park, where we can find a great variety of natural vegetation of the area.
- The hermitages of San Cristóbal, San Bartolomé, San Antón, La Asunción (commonly called "La Labradora"), el Santo Cristo de la Misericordia, San José and La Encarnación.
|This article about a location in the autonomous community of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|