|Founded||January 6, 1920|
|Harry J. Herff - founder,
Randall H. Jones - founder,
Joe Slaughter - president and CEO
|Products||Caps & gowns, choir robes, diplomas, announcements, school rings, yearbooks, photography, and maps and globes.|
Number of employees
|3000 employees and 700 sales representatives|
|Website||Herff Jones official site|
Herff Jones Company manufactures and sells educational recognition and achievement products and motivational materials, and has been in continuous operation for 90 years. Herff Jones maintains production facilities across the United States as well as in Canada.
Harry J. Herff and Randall H. Jones founded Herff Jones in Indianapolis, Indiana on January 6, 1920. The company manufactured insignia jewelry and class rings.
In 2011, they sold their photography division to Lifetouch
On July 29, 2011, Herff Jones completed an acquisition of Varsity Brands.
- Since 1983, Herff Jones has produced the Indianapolis 500 winner’s ring.
- In July 2007, Herff Jones was chosen by Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay to produce the Super Bowl rings for Super Bowl XLI.
- Starting with the 2008–2009 school year, Herff Jones, working with Adobe and other tools, released a completely online solution to yearbook production – eDesign. The software allows users to upload and organize their photo libraries in addition to designing page layouts.
- In July 2009, Herff Jones introduced a new line of ClassKeeper graduation gowns produced from Renew Fabric, that are made from recycled post-consumer plastic bottles.
- "About Herff Jones".
- "Herff Jones Yearbook Division".
- "The History of the Harlon Hill Trophy".
- Smith, Jeff (2008-05-24). "Indy 500 Race Countdown Begins With Public Drivers' Meeting". Retrieved 2008-11-25.
- Chapell, Mike (2007-06-13). "Colts receive Super Bowl rings in private ceremony". USA Today.
- Ikard, Sarah. "Herff Jones Fuses Desktop Publishing with the Web Using Adobe-based Technology".
- Scott Eidler (26 June 2012). "More school yearbooks adding online content". Newsday. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- "Herff Jones Expands Go Green Regalia Efforts with Recycled Gowns". 2009-07-07.[dead link]
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|