|Born||November 18, 1949|
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Occupations||Musician, songwriter, record producer|
|Associated acts||Scorpions, Herman ze German|
Herman 'Ze German' Rarebell (born November 18, 1949 as Hermann Erbel) is a German drummer, best known for his time in the band Scorpions from 1977 to 1995, playing on 8 studio albums. Rarebell's English was the best in the band at the time of his joining and he was an important composer in the history of the group, writing classic songs like "Another Piece of Meat", "Falling in Love" and the second single from Savage Amusement "Passion Rules the Game". He wrote the lyrics for some of the most classic songs of the band like "Rock You Like a Hurricane", Make It Real", "Dynamite", "Blackout", "Arizona", "Bad Boys Running Wild", "Don't Stop at the Top", "Tease Me Please Me" and others.
In 1982 he released his first solo album Nip in the Bud (which he re-recorded as Herman ze German & Friends with the help of some friends of his as guest, such as members of Dokken, Great White, Ratt etc.) He remains the only member of the Scorpions to have released a solo project while still a full member of the band.
Later on, he co-created Monaco Records with Prince Albert of Monaco .
Rarebell released I'm Back in June 2007 on Mausoleum Records, with touring in the United States, Europe and Japan.
In 2009 Herman returned with his new band Herman Ze German to perform at Rocklahoma. HZG featured Herman with guitarist Duke Jackson of Strikforce, bassist Joe Council of PUSH, and singer Timexx nasty of Drivin Rain and Beggars Jury. Herman Rarebell signed with Dark Star Records in 2010.
To preserve his legacy within the Scorpions, Rarebell released his autobiography in late 2011, "And Speaking of Scorpions..." Written with the aid of an American writer, Michael Robert Krikorian of Pleasanton, California, the frank and extremely humorous book chronicles not only his vast contributions to the Scorpions but his philosophies on life and music.
- 1981 - Nip in the Bud
- 1986 - Herman Ze German
- 1986 - Herman Ze German And Friends (Single) Wipe Out b/w Pancake
- 2005 - Drum Legends(Rarebell/York/Antolini)
- 2007 - I’m Back (released in Germany, not distributed in the US)
- 2008 - My Life as a Scorpion
- 2008 - Herman's Collection (Best of solos)
- 2010 - Herman Ze German + My life as a Scorpion Box set
- 2010 - HZG- "Top of the Rock" (Single) 
- 2010 - Take It As It Comes (US version of "I’m Back") 
- 2013 - Acoustic Fever
- "Herman Rarebell "Top of the Rock" (single) Sweet Sounds/Interscope, Produced by Duke Jackson". Sweetsounds.us. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- "Herman Rarebell Discusses 'Take It As It Comes' Solo Album In Interview - Sep. 8, 2010". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- Official site
- HardRadio.com interview with Herman Rarebell
- MetalExpressRadio.com interview with Herman Rarebell