|Genres||Hard rock, stoner rock|
|Past members||Steve Earle|
Formed by producer Dandy Brown as a side project in 1998, the original lineup consisted of vocalist John Garcia (Kyuss, Unida, Slo Burn), bassist Dandy Brown, drummer Steve Earle (Afghan Whigs) and guitarists Mike Callahan (Earshot) and David Angstrom (Black Cat Bone, Supafuzz). After passing tapes and CDs amongst each other for six months, the band members entered the studio in early 1999 to begin recording their debut album. The record was completed in the early 2000; however, it was another two years before it was released, due to an assortment of contractual obligations.
The band released Only a Suggestion on Tee Pee Records in 2002. The release was followed by some brief touring in North America and Europe. During this period, drummer Steve Earle was replaced by Supafuzz drummer Chris Leathers; Leathers joined the band for the first time at the Azkena Festival in Spain in 2003.
In 2005 they released Live at W2, a live CD from their Angry American tour. It was followed by a DVD of the show in 2006.
Hermano released their third album Into the Exam Room in late 2007, and followed the release with tours of Europe.
- Current members
- John Garcia – vocals (1998-present)
- Dandy Brown – bass (1998-present)
- Mike Callahan – guitar (1998-present)
- David Angstrom – guitar (1998-present)
- Chris Leathers – drum kit (2003-present)
- Former members
- Steve Earle – drum kit (1998-2003)
- 2002: ...Only a Suggestion (Tee Pee Records)
- 2005: Dare I Say... (MeteorCity Records)
- 2005: Live at W2 (Suburban Records)
- 2007: ...Into the Exam Room (Suburban Records)