|Community Area 20 - Hermosa|
Location within the city of Chicago
|• Total||1.17 sq mi (3.03 km2)|
|• Density||21,000/sq mi (8,300/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP Codes||parts of 60639, 60641, 60647|
|Median household income||$42,418|
|Source: U.S. Census, Record Information Services|
Hermosa is one of 77 officially designated Chicago community areas located on the northwest side of Chicago, Illinois. Originally called Kelvyn Grove, it was already called Hermosa, meaning "beautiful" in Spanish, when annexed to the city in 1889. The Consulate-General of Honduras in Chicago is located at 4439 West Fullerton Avenue.
The neighborhood's greatest claim to fame is as the site of the birthplace of Walt Disney born on December 5, 1901, whose boyhood home, built in 1893 by his parents Elias Disney and Flora Call Disney, is located at 1249 Tripp Avenue (now 2156 Tripp Avenue), after moving from Acron, Florida to Chicago, IL in 1889, with their son Herbert Arthur Disney. On February 10, 1906, Elias and his family moving to Marceline, Missouri the place where Walt discovered his dreams. In 2013 Brent Young and Dina Benadon the Project Directors, Property Owner and the Disney historian emirs with there helper with there helper Todd Regan the Executive Director where planing to restore the house on Tripp Avenue, into the original style that it was first built in the 1890s, and first became Walt Disney's Birthplace in 1901, where everyone in the neighborhood can visit The Walt Disney Birthplace, the Birth Home of Walt Disney, Raymond Arnold Disney, Roy O. Disney, and Ruth Flora Disney.
- Paral, Rob. "Chicago Demographics Data". Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- Paral, Rob. "Chicago Census Data". Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "Consulados de Honduras en Estados Unidos". Embassy of Honduras in Washington, D.C. Retrieved January 31, 2009.
- http://www.thewaltdisneybirthplace.org/ Home - The Walt Disney BirthplaceThe Walt Disney Birthplace
- http://startsomegood.com/WDB/ The Walt Disney Birthplace Restoration - Phase One
- https://www.redfin.com/IL/Chicago/2156-N-Tripp-Ave-60639/home/13423189/mred-08249368 Photos of the inside and outside of Walt Disney's Birthplace at 2156 N Tripp Ave CHICAGO, IL 60639 USA
||Portage Park, Chicago||Irving Park, Chicago||Avondale, Chicago|
|Belmont Cragin, Chicago||Logan Square, Chicago|
|Austin, Chicago||Humboldt Park, Chicago|
|This Chicago, Illinois geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|