|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (April 2013)|
Hernan Lander is a New York City based Dominican Republic fashion designer. His designs have been featured in Model Latina and worn by celebrities such as Olivia Munn. He was selected as 2010's "Breakout Designer" by Time Out magazine.
Lander attended Altos de Chavón design school in the Dominican Republic. He obtained a full scholarship to study at the Parsons The New School for Design in Manhattan. While still in his junior year he earned the Silver Thimble award in the menswear category. In his senior year he was nominated for the Designer of the year award, earning the Gold Thimble award.
Lander worked for renown Mexican designer Rogelio Velasco during an internship at his design house, Velasco Couture. Lander has also collaborated with other designers including Derek Lam, Proenza Schouler, and Ralph Lauren.
Lander was featured in the iFashion Network sponsored iFashion Week for their Spring 2010 show. This event is produced by iConcept Media Group; it forms part of the broader New York Fashion Week. He was later nominated by Time Out magazine as the "Breakout Designer" for 2010.
Lander's creations are influenced by modern architecture and art. His designs have been worn by Angelina Jolie, Ashanti, Toni Braxton, Olivia Munn, Julia Jones, among others. Some of his pieces were also featured in music videos by The Valkyrias and Melanie Fiona and the Season 3 finale of Model Latina.
- "Hernan Lander RTW Fall 2013". Women's Wear Daily. 12 February 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "Hernan Lander". Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- Terrero, Nina (11 February 2013). "New York Fashion Week: Designer Hernan Lander connects with family through fashion". NBC Latino. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "Hernan Lander Fall 2013 Collection". Moda & Estilo. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "Hernan Lander Ready to Wear Fall Winter 2013". Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "Hernan Lander: Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Fall 2013". NewYorkFashionWeekLive.com. Retrieved 13 April 2013.
- "Hernan Lander Fall 2013 Collection". Nu-Modé. 15 February 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2013.