Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption
|Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption|
Promotional poster for Hero-U
|Developer(s)||Transolar Games, Inc.|
|Director(s)||Corey Cole, Lori Cole|
Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is an upcoming adventure role-playing game by the creators of Quest for Glory, Lori Cole and Corey Cole, developed with a custom Unity engine. It is based on the School for Heroes, the defunct e-mail based web game the Coles had created previously. It will be released for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
The player character is Shawn, a rogue who is attending a school for heroes. He interacts and competes with his fellow students during the day, and can travel down into the catacombs at night to go on quests and solve puzzles. The player can learn new skills and explore new areas as the game unfolds. Dialog choices matter, as what is chosen to say will have an impact on the relationship Shawn makes with the people he meets. Combat is turn-based and tactical. If Shawn chooses to sneak around combat situations, the combat is also avoidable.
- "Quest for Glory creators take to Kickstarter with Hero U: Rogue to Redemption". Eurogamer. 2012-10-23. Retrieved 2012-10-27.
- "Hero-U is a Kickstarter for a new RPG-Adventure Hybrid". The International House of Mojo. 2012-10-28. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- Alan Danzis (2012-10-16). "Post Game Report: Interview with Corey Cole, creator of Quest for Glory, on upcoming Kickstarter: Hero U". New York Post. Archived from the original on 2013-02-07. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- "'Hero-U: Rogue To Redemption' Approaches The Kickstarter Finish Line". Forbes. 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- "Hero-U Graduates From The Kickstarter Academy". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. 2012-11-20. Retrieved 2013-07-14.