Héroes Inmortales III
|Héroes Inmortales III|
|Tagline(s)||Tercer homenaje luctuoso a don Antonio Peña
Third memorial of Mr. Antonio Peña
|Promotion||Asistencia Asesoría y Administración|
|Date||September 26, 2009|
|Antonio Peña Memorial Shows chronology|
Héroes Inmortales III: Homenaje a Don Antonio Peña (Spanish for "Immortal Heros III: Tribute to Antonio Peña) was a professional wrestling major show event produced by Asistencia Asesoría y Administración (AAA) that took place on September 26, 2009 in Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico, commemorating the third anniversary of the death of AAA founder Antonio Peña. The main event of the show was a AAA World Heavyweight Championship title defense where current champion Dr. Wagner, Jr. defends against challenger El Mesías. The other feature match on the show is the third annual Copa Antonio Peña, a 12-man Battle Royal. The show was originally called just Homenaje a Antonio Peña but was renamed in the weeks leading up to the event.
The event featured seven professional wrestling matches with different wrestlers involved in pre-existing scripted feuds or storylines. Wrestlers portray either villains (referred to as Rudos in Mexico) or fan favorites (Técnicos in Mexico) as they compete in wrestling matches with pre-determined outcomes.
The main event was originally scheduled to be a Luchas de Apuestas, hair vs. hair match between Charly Manson and Chessman, playing off their long running storyline. In the week leading up to the event Manson announced that he had left AAA and would not be participating in the match. On the Mexican wrestling program Tercera Caída Manson stated that he left AAA because he was not given enough dates to earn a living and unlike the non-Mexican AAA workers he did not have a guaranteed contract. He also stated that he was not offered enough money to lose to Chessman, revealing that the original ending to Manson vs. Chessman was for Chessman to win. On September 24, 2009 AAA, through Marisela Peña and Joaquín Roldan, confirmed that Charly Manson had indeed left AAA but that Chessman was still booked in an Apuesta match for the show.
At Triplemania XVII Dr. Wagner, Jr. won the AAA World Heavyweight Championship from El Mesías. At the following event, the 2009 Verano de Escándalo, Dr. Wagner, Jr. successfully defended the title against El Mesías and Cibernético. Following a match on the August 30, 2009 TV taping El Mesías challenged Dr. Wagner, Jr. for another title match, which was accepted by the champion. The type of match the two will face off in has yet to be determined.
At AAA's previous major show Alex Koslov won the AAA Cruiserweight Championship from Extreme Tiger in a match that also included Rocky Romero, Jack Evans and Teddy Hart. At the subsequent TV taping on August 30, 2009 AAA held a cage match where the first person to escape was named the number one contender and the last person left in the ring was forced to leave AAA. Extreme Tiger was the first person out of the cage and thus the number one contender, but the last person in the cage was Koslov, the reigning champion. After the match Koslov was fired by Joaquin Roldan. Whether Koslov's firing is a storyline or not remains to be seen. Following the termination AAA announced that the Cruiserweight title was vacated and that Extreme Tiger, Rocky Romero, Jack Evans, Teddy Hart and Sugi San would face off at the Memorial show to determine who would become the new Cruiserweight champion.
On September 9, 2009 the full card was announced including a 13-man gauntlet for the Copa Antonio Peña and a Lucha o Oscuras, a glow in the dark match where all the competitors wear fluorescent colored outfits and wrestle under a blacklight that is traditionally part of the Antonio Peña Memorials.
On the night of the show it was revealed that despite legal threats from AAA's management Charly Manson did not show for the scheduled match and AAA announced that he would be replaced. La Parka, Cibernético, El Zorro and an unannonced Konan Big all made appearances in the arena to tease that they would be the replacement until Electroshock came to the ring. He stated that he would take his brother's place in the match against Chessman. Electoshock lost due to interference from Konnan, Jennifer Blake and Lorelei Lee and had his hair shaved off. After the match La Parka came out and got the referee, Hijo de Tirantes hair shaved off as well for missing the interference.
Konan Big, already revealed as being in the building, was the final entrant in the Copa Antonio Peña. Originally Latin Lover was supposed to be the final surprise entrant, but he no-showed the event and was therefore replaced by Konan Big. Due to taking part in an earlier match, Electroshock was taken off the match, which now had 12 participants. Unlike the previous years, this year the Copa was a Battle Royal which Cibernético won, lastly eliminating Konan Big.
Copa Antonio Peña
A new entrant came out every 60 seconds.
|1||Dark Ozz||1||Pimpinela Escarlata||4:48|
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (August 30, 2009). "AAA – Tlalnepantla (Resultados 30 agosto 2009) – Alex Koslov despedido – Dr. Wagner Obligado a exponer el Megacampeonato contra el Mesías" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Retrieved August 31, 2009.
- LuchaLibreAAA staff (September 10, 2009). "Héroes Inmortales III" (in Spanish). AAA. Retrieved September 11, 2009.
- Ocampo, Jorge (September 23, 2009). "Charly Manson habla de su salida de AAA en el programa Tercera Caída de TVC Deportes" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Retrieved September 26, 2009.
- "Charly Manson renuncia a Triple A" (in Spanish). TelevisaDeportes.com. September 24, 2009. Retrieved September 26, 2009.
- Arturo Rosas Plata (2009-06-14). "Triplemanía, la locura!". Ovaciones (in Spanish) (Mexico, D.F.: Editorial Ovaciones, S. A. de C.V.). pp. 21–22. Número 21617 Año LXII. Retrieved 2009-06-14.
- "AAA Verano de Escándalo 2009 (Resultados 21 agosto) – Dr. Wagner Jr. retiene el Megacampeonato – Aparece Gron XXX – Roxxi se presenta con AAA" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. August 21, 2009. Retrieved August 22, 2009.
- AAA Staff (September 1, 2009). "Este año en Arena Monterrey" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. Retrieved September 2, 2009.
- LuchaLibreAAA Staff (September 9, 2009). "Sábado 26 septiembre del 2009 a las 07:00:00 PM" (in Spanish). AAA. Retrieved September 10, 2009.
- Marquina, Alva (September 26, 2009). "AAA- Héroes Inmortales III- (Resultados en vivo 26 septiembre 2009) – Cibernético gana el Trofeo Antonio Peña – Electroshock sustituye a Charly Manson contra Chessman – El luchador sorpresa fue Konan Big" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Retrieved September 27, 2009.
- AAA Staff (September 26, 2009). "Crónica en Vivo, Héroes Inmortales III" (in Spanish). AAA. Retrieved September 27, 2009.
- "Puntos clave en la conferencia de prensa de AAA" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas.net. 2010-03-19. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- Show previews
- "Chessman y Charly Manson, por las caballeras!" (in Spanish). Gritaradio. September 18, 2009. Retrieved September 19, 2009.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (September 19, 2009). "AAA Héroes Inmortales III – Arena Monterrey (26 de septiembre) – Charly Manson vs Chessman por las Cabelleras –" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Retrieved September 19, 2009.