||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|
|Date of birth||30 September 1968|
|Place of birth||Aix-les-Bains, France|
|Ivory Coast (manager)|
|1991–1997||Stade de Vallauris||105||(2)|
|2004||Song Da Nam Dinh|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
He has previously been the manager of the Zambian national team, with whom he won the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations; he also won the competition in 2015 Africa Cup of Nations with Ivory Coast national football team, becoming the first coach to win two Africa Cup of Nations with different countries.
Renard began his coaching career with SC Draguignan in 1999, leaving in 2001. He was Assistant at Chinese side Shanghai Cosco with headcoach Claude Le Roy from 2002 to 2003, and managed English side Cambridge United in 2004. He became manager of Song Da Nam Dinh FC in 2004, leaving them after several months. He became manager of AS Cherbourg in 2005, leaving them in 2007. He next became Assistant to Claude Le Roy for the Ghana national side. He was appointed manager of the Zambia national team in May 2008. At the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations, he led Zambia to the quarter final stage of the tournament for the first time in 14 years. Renard left his duties as Zambia manager in early April 2010 with only two months remaining on his contract. Two days later he agreed to become manager of Angola. He resigned from his position as Angola manager in early October 2010, and was replaced by Zeca Amaral.
Second spell with Zambia
On 22 October 2011, it was announced that he would return for a second stint as coach of Zambia on a one-year contract. He led the team to their first victory in the African Cup Of Nations in 2012 Africa Cup of Nations. The win was dedicated to the 18 players who perished in April 1993, after a plane carrying the squad crashed just miles from the site of the 2012 final in Gabon.
After Zambia were eliminated from the group stages of the 2013 African Cup of Nations, Renard said that it was his fault. He later criticised CAF for not allowing Zambia, as the 2012 winners of the AFCON, the chance to compete at the 2013 Confederations Cup.
The club was involved in a relegation fight in May 2014, and after being relegated, he left the club later that month. In July 2014 he was announced to be on the shortlist for the Ivory Coast job.
Renard was appointed as manager of the Ivory Coast national team in July 2014. He was manager at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, and praised the organization of the tournament. He won the competition, becoming the first coach to win two Africa Cup of Nations with different countries.
As a manager
- Ivory Coast
- "Cambridge dismiss manager Renard". BBC Sport. 12 December 2004. Retrieved 7 May 2008.
- "Huấn luyện viên Nguyễn Ngọc Hảo về mái nhà xưa…". Báo Bà Rịa Vũng Tàu. 23 October 2006. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "France - Trainers of First and Second Division Clubs". RSSSF. Retrieved 7 May 2008.
- Kennedy Gondwe (7 May 2008). "Renard named as new Zambia coach". BBC Sport. Retrieved 7 May 2008.
- "Renard quits as Zambia coach". BBC Sport. 6 April 2010. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- "Angola appoint Frenchman Herve Renard as coach". BBC Sport. 8 April 2010. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- "Akwa backs Angola coach Amaral". BBC Sport. 6 October 2010. Retrieved 6 October 2010.
- L1 : Hervé Renard nouvel entraîneur de l'USM Alger
- "Zambia coach dedicates Africa Cup of Nations win to crash dead". BBC Sport. 13 February 2012. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
- "Zambia's Sports Minister confident about Renard future". BBC Sport. 18 May 2012.
- "Africa Cup of Nations: Zambia exit my fault, says Herve Renard". BBC Sport. 29 January 2013.
- "Zambia coach Renard hits out at Caf". BBC Sport. 30 January 2013.
- "Zambia and coach Herve Renard part company". BBC Sport. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Hervé Renard nouvel entraîneur du FCSM
- "Oussama Assaidi wants Morocco to appoint foreign coach". BBC Sport. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- "Herve Renard plays down links to Morocco coach position". BBC Sport. 24 April 2014. Retrieved 25 April 2014.
- Christian Châtelet (12 May 2014). "Sochaux can fox the drop under Renard". UEFA. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Sochaux : l'entraîneur Hervé Renard confirme son départ" (in French). RTL. 18 May 2014. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- "Renard among names on Ivory Coast coach shortlist". BBC Sport. 22 July 2014. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "Herve Renard appointed Ivory Coast boss". BBC Sport. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- "Afcon 2015: Tournament is a great success - Renard". BBC Sport. 23 January 2015. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Afcon 2015: Yaya Toure hails 'unbelievable' Ivory Coast win". BBC Sport. 9 February 2015. Retrieved 9 February 2015.