||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
Herve Bohbot is a French Scrabble player who competes annually in both French and English language Scrabble competitions. He is also an administrator on the online Scrabble site Internet Scrabble Club, the president of the French matchplay Scrabble committee and an official on the International Scrabble Federation.
Bohbot was ranked 100th in the FISF French World Scrabble ratings at the end of the 2005-2006 season only 1 July. He is a member of the première série - the top 1% of all Scrabble players. Bohbot finished second in the 2004 French matchplay championship, first in 2005 and second in 2006. He competed in the inaugural Coupe du monde de Scrabble classique at the 2006 World Championship and finished 15th out of 54 competitors.
In English he has represented France on two occasions at the World Scrabble Championship in 2003 and 2005, finishing 87th and 93rd with 8 wins out of 24 in 2003 and 9 wins out of 24 in 2005. The highlight of these two championships was almost certainly his victory against former World Champion Joel Wapnick.
- French matchplay championship winner (2005)
- French matchplay championship second place (2004, 2006, 2007)
- World Scrabble Championship 2003 87th place (8 wins 16 losses)
- World Scrabble Championship 2005 93rd place (9 wins 15 losses)
- World Scrabble Championship 2007 94th place (9 wins 15 losses)
- French language Scrabble World Cup 15th place (7 wins 5 losses)