Hessian Ministry for Science and the Arts
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the German Wikipedia. (May 2011)|
The Hessian Ministry for Science and Art was established on 4 July 1984 as a spin-off of the Hessian Ministry of Education. The Ministry of Education was then responsible for school and part of the church affairs.[clarification needed]
Since 1987, the Hessian Ministry for Science and Art has been located in a rented, Gründerzeit office building between the Rheinstraße and Luisenstraße in Wiesbaden, which was used until 1975 as the Wiesbaden main post-office and was then rebuilt and renovated accordingly.
It awards the Goethe-Plakette des Landes Hessen.
The Ministry is tasked with extending:
- higher education (universities, university hospitals, art, and technical colleges)
- scientific research institutions
- heritage and preservation
- Protection of Cultural Property
- Museums and art collections
- Theater, music and visual arts
In general, Ministry is in charge of technical and legal supervision, and the promotion of science and art in Hesse.
- Neuer Herr in altem Haus. Festschrift zum Einzug des Hessischen Ministeriums für Wissenschaft und Kunst in die „Alte Post“ in Wiesbaden Rheinstraße 23 - 25 / Luisenstraße 10-12. Ohne Ort. 1987.
- Internetpräsenz des Hessischen Ministeriums für Wissenschaft und Kunst