|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2013)|
Alliman Administration Center
|Religious affiliation||Mennonite Church USA|
|Location||Hesston, Kansas, USA
Hesston College, a two-year college founded in 1909, is located in Hesston, Kansas, United States, 35 miles (56 km) north of Wichita. The college has an enrollment of about 450 students who typically come from about 30 states and 30 other countries. It has a faculty-student ratio of 1:14.
In 1981, the Dyck Arboretum of the Plains was founded at the college.
The main 50 acres (20 ha) Hesston campus consists of 12 buildings, including two residential dormitories, an administration building, library, a number of academic buildings, and two gymnasiums. It also has a baseball diamond, soccer field, two racketball courts, a weight room, and four tennis courts.
The Nursing program, in addition to facilities on the main campus, has affiliations with local hospitals, including Newton Medical Center and Prairie View Mental Health Center in Newton, Schowalter Villa in Hesston, and Via Christi-St. Francis Campus, Via Christi-St. Joseph Campus, and Wesley Medical Center in Wichita.
As a two-year college, Hesston's educational program is designed to meet a variety of student needs. Curricula are available for students interested in the first two years of a liberal arts program, various pre-professional programs, and other fields of study requiring four-year degrees.
In addition, the following Associate of Applied Arts and Sciences non-transfer degrees are available:
- Computer Information Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Pastoral Ministries
The official mascot for the Hesston College athletic teams is the Larks. The Larks have 11 teams and participate in the NJCAA, and in the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference as an affiliate member.
- Theodore Epp, Christian clergyman, writer, and radio evangelist.
- John A. Hostetler, author, educator, and leading scholar of Amish and Hutterite societies.
- As of June 30, 2009. "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2009 Endowment Market Value and Percentage Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2008 to FY 2009" (PDF). 2009 NACUBO-Commonfund Study of Endowments. National Association of College and University Business Officers. Retrieved February 2, 2010.
- Lark Athletics
- KJCCC Members
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hesston College.|
- Hesston College, official website
- Hesston College (Hesston, Kansas, USA) at Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online