Hester Marian Wagstaff was an English jewellery designer, potter, illustrator and children's writer. Born in Leighton Buzzard in 1892, she ran the Petersfield Workshops in Petersfield, Hampshire (circa 1918–48) with Flora Twort and Maria Brahms.
In 1937 Hester Wagstaff drew an intricate and quirky pictorial map of Eton College and its environs.  Her own personal hand-coloured version has remained in the Wagstaff family for the last 70 years and in 1948 she gave permission for her map to be used as an end plate in B. R. J. "Bud" Hill's book about Eton College , entitled Eton Medley.
Books written and illustrated by Wagstaff
- The Tale of the Jolly Robin 1945 Faber & Faber Limited, London
- The Tale of the Jolly Robin Family 1950 Faber & Faber Limited, London
- The Adventures of Velvet & Vicky 1950 Faber & Faber Limited, London
- The Doings of Dicky Daw 1939 Hamish Hamilton, London
- The Story of Fuzzy Wully & Woolly Wonder 1946 Hamish Hamilton, London
- A Rook among the Magpies, J Archibald Allen 1933 Simpkin Marshall Limited, London
Pictorial Map End Plates
- Eton Medley, B J W Hill, Winchester Publications Limited, London