|Key people||Dr. B. Partha Saradhi Reddy (CMD)|
Hetero Drugs Limited is an Indian Pharmaceutical Company established in the year 1993. Hetero Drugs Limited founded by Dr. B. Partha Saradhi Reddy Phd., a scientist and expert in chemistry. It was started by him with a vision to be recognised as an aggressive company that combines its strength of R&D and manufacturing with definite advantages in terms of cost and chemistry with a strong emphasis on Quality of the products.
Hetero has revenues around $1 billion and reported a profit of $100 million in last fiscal year.Hetero group employs over 10000 people. Hetero is a strong player in API and finished dosages and its manufacturing plants have U.S. Food and Drug Administration approvals and World Health Organization approvals. It has marketing presence in over 100 countries.
Hetero Drugs is the parent company in the Hetero group of companies and other companies which are part of the group are Hetero Labs, Hetero Research Foundation, Symed Labs Limited, Cirex Laboratories, Genx Laboratories and also foreign subsidiaries such as Invagen Inc., in USA and Richmond Labs in Argentina, etc., Also now Hetero has its own retail chain of pharmacy outlets in India named as Hetero Pharmacy and the group has its way into wind power business with an aim to establish 1000MW by 2017.
They were awarded licence to make generic oseltamivir, Tamiflu. Swiss firm Roche has licensed Hetero Drugs, an Indian company in 2005 to make a generic version of its anti-flu treatment Tamiflu for India and other developing countries.The drug is widely seen as the most promising treatment for combating any future pandemic of bird flu in humans.The company says Hetero Drugs is among the first to demonstrate that it is technically capable of making a reliable generic version of Tamiflu. The decision could make it easier and cheaper for poorer nations to acquire stocks of the drug.
In 2009, as the swine flu outbreak is spreading across the globe and various health organizations and government agencies are piling up stocks of oseltamivir as precautionary measure, Hetero is helping many countries including India by supplying the generic oseltamivir under its brand name fluvir.
Hetero makes affordable antiretroviral drugs so that developing nations can fight against HIV. It has supplied high quality and affordable antiretroviral drugs to millions of patients across 125 countries.
- "Roche grants Tamiflu licence to Hetero Drugs - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- [dead link]
- Khomba Singh, ET Bureau May 5, 2009, 12.03am IST (2009-05-05). "Hetero bags mega chunk of govt's anti-flu drug deal - Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- "Hyderabad pharma cos cash in on Swine-Flu fever". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- Khomba Singh, ET Bureau Aug 22, 2009, 03.02am IST (2009-08-22). "Hetero bags deal for 10 m Tamiflu - Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.
- ":: Welcome to Hetero ::". Heterodrugs.com. Retrieved 2014-01-11.