Hettie MacDonald is a British director who won a Grand Prix award, an International Jury Award - Honorable Mention and a People's Choice Award for her work on the film Beautiful Thing.
For television, MacDonald is best known as the director of Blink, the Hugo Award-winning 2007 episode of the Doctor Who series. The episode is widely regarded as the best episode of the series since its 2005 revival. In 2009, SFX named the episode's climax, with the Weeping Angels advancing on Sally and Larry, as the scariest moment in Doctor Who's history, citing its "perfect direction".
MacDonald has also directed for the stage.
- Beautiful Thing (1996)
- Lily and the Secret Planting (incomplete)
- "Whatever It Takes" (1997)
- "What Friends Are For" (1997)
- The Fixer
- Episodes 5 and 6 of Season One
- In a Land of Plenty (2001)
- Episodes 4 to 6 (2003)
- "The Mystery of the Blue Train" (2005)
- "Curtain" (2013)
- Banglatown Banquet (2006)
- Doctor Who
- "Blink" (2007)
- White Girl (2008)
- Wallander (2010)
- Law and Order: UK (2010)
- On Insomnia and Midnight (2006 - Royal Court)
- M.A.D. (2004 - Bush Theatre)
- Top Girls (2002 - Citizens Theatre)
- She Stoops To Conquer (2002 - Theatre Royal, Margate)
- The Storm (1998 - Almeida Theatre)
- Hey Persephone! (1998 - Aldeburgh Festival/ Almeida Theatre)
- The Northern Fox (1997 - Ambassadors Theatre)
- "21 Scariest Doctor Who Moments 7". SFX. 2009-02-01. Retrieved 2012-04-14.
|This article about a British film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|