|Genres||Heavy metal, children's music, power metal|
Hevisaurus is a Finnish heavy metal –band, whose music is for children and like minded. Dinosaur costumes are typical for the band’s image. The band was formed in 2009. Hevisaurus’ debut concert was at Elämä Lapselle (a charity event) -concert 9th of September 2009. The first tour started from the Tavastia Club, in Helsinki 22nd of November 2009.
After Rantanen attended a children's music concert with his children, he decided to start a heavy metal band for children. Rantanen and friends from the Finnish "metalhead" community began writing and recording songs.
The album ”Hirmuliskojen Yo” was the 2nd most sold album in Finland in 2010, when the band was rewarded with the best children album Emma (Finnish Grammy’s). 
The Dudesons and Hevisaurus opened up a indoor amusement park to Oulu’s Super Park in April 2013.  The band also has their own Hevisaurus-game for Android and iOS devices. In the game you try to finish levels and at the same time you can listen to the band’s songs. The application also includes mini-games such as a puzzle. The application was released in 2013. 
Hevisaurus got their picture on the walls of Hard Rock Café and they also got listed in the Hard Rock Café’s international database of artists/bands. They are the second Finnish band, besides Amorphis, who has gotten such an honor. 
Origin story and characters
According to the legend five dinosaur eggs, made from metal, survived the mass extinction some 65 million years ago in the mountain of wizards. In the year 2009 witches gathered at the same place. A giant lightning bolt hit the ground and changed it to ash and revealing the eggs at the same time. From the power of the witches’ chants, the eggs exploded wide open and five Hevisaurus’ hatched. 
Hevisaurus- movie, produced by Solar Films was filmed in the fall of 2014 and it’s set to be released in the end of 2015. The movie will include the beloved Havisaurus characters and famous as well as established Finnish actors. 
Disagreement with Sony Music
In the beginning of 2011 Mirka Rantanen, the drummer and one if the founding members, drifted into a dispute between their record label Sony Music Entertainment about the copyrights and trademarks of the characters. As a result Rantanen formed a competing band called “Sauruxet”, with the people who played in the Hevisaurus live set-up. The court ordered “Sauruxet” to pay the record label 100 000€ and legal fees. Legal documents stated that the rights for the characters belonged to Sony Music Entertainment from the beginning. 
- "Herra Hevisaurus" –- vocals
- "Milli Pilli" -- keyboards
- "Komppi Momppi" -- drums
- "Riffi Raffi" -- guitar
- "Muffi Puffi" -- bass
|2012||Kadonneen louhikäärmeen arvoitus||1|
- Other singles
- 2009: "Jurahevin kuninkaat"
- 2009: "Viimeinen mammutti"
- 2010: "Saurusarmeija"
- 2010: "Kurajuhlat"
- 2011: "Räyh!"
- 2011: "Tonttuheviä"
- 2012: "Ugala bugala"
- 2014: "Aarrejahti"
- Jee Hevisaurus (2009)
- Viimeinen mammutti (2010)
- Saurusarmeija (2010)
- Yhteinen joulu (2010)
- Räyh! (2011)
- Tonttuheviä (2011)
- Ugala Bugala (2012)
- Avaruuden autokorjaamo (2013)
- Liskodisko (2013)
- Aarrejahti (2014)
- Purppuramysteeri (2010)
- Eläintarhan yövahti (2011)
- Salainen tehtävä (2012)
- Velhojenvuoren salaisuus (2013)
- "Hevisaurus". MTV (UK and Ireland). Retrieved 3 August 2010.
- "Helsingin Sanomat - International Edition - Culture". Helsingin Sanomat. Retrieved 6 August 2010.
- "Heavy metal dinosaurs rock the kiddie crowd in Finland". The Age (The Age). 6 May 2010. Retrieved 3 August 2010.
- "Saudi Gazette - Heavy metal dinos rock Finnish kids". Saudi Gazette. Retrieved 3 August 2010.
- "Monster mash". Taipei Times. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- Vinha, Laurie (3 May 2010). "Heavy metal dinosaurs Hevisaurus rock the kids with songs about homework and monsters". The Daily Telegraph (Australia). Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- Template:VerkkoviiteTemplate:Vanhentunut linkki
- "Hevisaurus discography". finnishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- Official website (Finnish)
- "HEVISAURUS" at Roadrunner Records
- rock out with hevisaurus at the Smithsonian Institution
- Would YOU Let A Band That Looks Like This Entertain Your Children? from Houston Press
- Hevisaurus - Sony Music Entertainment Finland
- Detailed review of Jurahevin Kuninkaat from Encyclopaedia Metallum
- The story of HeviSaurus and SauruXet