Hewitt-Trussville High School
|Hewitt-Trussville High School|
|Trussville, Alabama, United States|
|Principal||Mr. Tim Salem|
|Vice principal||Dr. Autumm Jeter
Mr. Barry Allphin
Mrs. Jennifer Abney
Mrs. Joy Young
|Color(s)||Red, White, Black, Gray|
Hewitt-Trussville High School is a high school located in Trussville, Alabama. The school was named after Robert Hewitt, who was school superintendent in 1869. Hewitt-Trussville has several varsity sports teams, including baseball, football, basketball, soccer, golf, wrestling, cross-country, indoor and outdoor track and field, cheerleading, and volleyball. The school also has several reputable electives and extra-curricular activities, including a class 4A band. The former R.G. Hewitt High School was located on Trussville-Clay Road which is now Hewitt Trussville Middle School. The old high school building (current middle school) was constructed in 1983, but a new facility was built in 2008 off of Deerfoot Parkway in Trussville. Following several years of high principal turnover at the school and the resignation of Dr. Zack Barnes as principal after only one year, the TCS Board of Education fired superintendent Suzanne Freeman in 2012. In early 2013, a small fire occurred in a science classroom trash can. The fire was attributed to instructor negligence, and the resulting water damage from the sprinkler systems destroyed much of the English department materials on the lower floor.
- Mike Mordecai, a right-handed hitting infielder in Major League Baseball who most recently played for the Florida Marlins.
- Jay Barker, former quarterback for the University of Alabama football team. Helped win the 1992 National Championship vs. Miami. Also started for the CFL team, the Toronto Argonauts. Married to country singer Sara Evans.
- Brandon Cox, former quarterback for the Auburn Tigers football team.
- Jason Standridge, Former MLB player (Tampa Bay Rays, Cincinnati Reds, Texas Rangers, Kansas City Royals)
- Bill Norris[disambiguation needed], world-renowned bartender and mixologist
- Brent Key, Assistant Head Coach and Offensive Line Coach for UCF Football.
|Mr. Tim Salem||Principal||3rd|
|Dr. Autumm Jeter||Assistant Principal||1st|
|Mrs. Jennifer Abney||Assistant Principal||3rd|
|Mr. Barry Allphin||Assistant Principal||3rd|
|Mrs. Joy Young||Assistant Principal||7th|