From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Hex, hex, or hex- in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hexa– is a prefix from the Greek word for 'six' (hexa,ἕξ), e.g. in hexagon, a polygon with six corners.
Hex or HEX may also refer to:
Computers and technology
- Hexadecimal, or hex, a base-16 number system often used in computer nomenclature
- Hypersonic Flight Experiment, a planned mission of the Indian Space Research Organisation
- Intel HEX, a computer file format
- Uranium hexafluoride, part of the nuclear fuel refinement process
- Heat exchanger, a device for heat transfer
- Pow-wow (folk magic), the Pennsylvania German magical system of "hex work"
- Hex sign, a barn decoration originating in Pennsylvania Dutch Country of the Northeastern United States
Television and film
- Hex (TV series), a British television programme
- Hex (Doctor Who), a character in the Big Finish Productions audio plays based on the television series Doctor Who
- Hex (Ben 10), a villain in the Ben 10 franchise
- Hex (film), a 1973 film starring Keith Carradine, Gary Busey, Dan Haggerty, and Hillarie Thompson
- Jonah Hex (film), a 2010 film based on the DC Comics character
- The Hex Girls, a fictitious, gothic girl group in the Scooby-Doo franchise
- Stephanie Bendixsen (born 1985), presenter for Australian TV show Good Game known by the gamertag Hex
- Hex (Or Printing in the Infernal Method), an album by the band Earth
- Hex (album), a 1994 album by the band Bark Psychosis
- Hex (VJ group), a British-based multimedia group active in the 1990s, which later became Hexstatic
- Hex Hector (born 1965), American dance remixer. He won a Grammy in 2001 for "Best Remixer"
- Hex, a 2003 album by the Los Angeles-based rock band Bigelf
- Hex, a late 1980s band consisting of Steve Kilbey and Donnette Thayer
- Hex (Discworld), a computer in Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels
- Hex (novel), a 2001 dystopian novel by Rhiannon Lassiter
- Jonah Hex, a DC Comics character
- Hex (Marvel Comics), a character in the series ClanDestine
- HEX, an evil organization in the novel InterWorld
- A tile of a hex map in wargames
- Hex (board game), a board game played on a hexagonal grid, theoretically of any size and several possible shapes, but traditionally as an 11x11 rhombus
- Hex: Shards of Fate, an MMO trading card game by Cryptozoic Entertainment
- Hex (video game), a 1985 computer game for the Amiga and Atari ST
- Dark Souls II, a 2014 video game, features a class of magic spells known as "hexes."
- Helsinki Stock Exchange
- Hexcentric, an item of climbing protection equipment
- Hex – the Legend of the Towers, a Vekoma Madhouse ride at the Alton Towers Resort, England
- Hex River (Breede River), a tributary of the Breede River in South Africa
- Hex River (Elands River), a tributary of the Elands River in South Africa
- Hex key, a tool used to drive fasteners; also known as a hex wrench, Allen wrench, hex-head or zeta key
- Hexham railway station, Northumberland, England
- High energy X-rays, or HEX-rays, very hard X-rays
- A telephone hex key is # in Singapore and Malaysia
- "The Hex" (short for "Hexagonal"), a nickname for the final round of FIFA World Cup qualification in the CONCACAF region (North and Central America and the Caribbean), which has involved six national teams since the 1998 qualification cycle.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.