Hexham railway station, New South Wales
Eastbound view in August 2006
|Location||Pacific Highway, Hexham
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||175.53 km (109.07 mi) from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Fare zone||MyZone 3|
|Opened||1 August 1871|
Hexham originally had a substantial brick platform building, however this was demolished in May 1993 and replaced with a lightweight bus-shelter type structure. The station has a full length island platform however the eastern end has been fenced off to a shorter two carriage train length.
Until 1987, the Richmond Vale's exchange sidings were located opposite Hexham station.
Platforms & services
Hexham has one island platform with two faces. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Hunter line services travelling between Hamilton (Newcastle), Maitland and Telarah on an hourly basis. It is also service by one early morning service to Scone.
|1||Hunter Line||Endeavour/Hunter railcar services to Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
|2||Hunter Line||Endeavour/Hunter railcar services to Maitland & Telarah||1 early morning service to Scone|
- Hexham Station NSWrail.net
- "Infrastructure" Railway Digest June 1993 page 246
- " Hunter Valley Coal Chain - Rail developments at Hexham, NSW" Railway Digest January 2013 page 36
- Reducing coal train congestion at Newcastle Port Australian Rail Track Corporation 25 October 2013
- "Construction begins on Hexham Relief Road Project" Railway Digest December 2013 page 12
- Hexham Relief Roads Project Construction Environmental Management Plan Upper Hunter Valley Alliance
- "ARTC undertakes Hexham Relief Road works and Gunnedah Yard remodelling" Railway Digest January 2015 page 12
- "Signaling & infastructure" Railway Digest February 2015 page 44
- Hunter line timetable NSW TrainLink 5 January 2015