Hexham railway station, New South Wales
Eastbound view in August 2006
|Address||Pacific Highway, Hexham
|Distance||175.53 km (109.07 mi) from Central|
|Platforms||2 (1 island)|
|Opened||1 August 1871|
|Fare zone||MyZone 3|
Hexham originally had a substantial brick platform building, however this was demolished in the 1990s and replaced with a lightweight bus-shelter type structure. The station has a full length island platform however the eastern end has been fenced off to a shorter two carriage train length.
Until 1987 the Richmond Vale's exchange sidings were located opposite Hexham station. This site is currently being redeveloped by the Australian Rail Track Corporation with the westbound coal road being relocated further south to make way for five 1,800 metre passing loops.
Platforms & services
Tarro has two side platforms. It is serviced by NSW TrainLink Hunter line services travelling between Hamilton (Newcastle), Maitland and Telarah on an hourly basis. It is also service by one early morning service to Scone.
|1||Hunter Line||Endeavour/Hunter railcar services to Hamilton (Newcastle)|
|2||Hunter Line||Endeavour/Hunter railcar services to Maitland & Telarah||1 early morning service to Scone|
- Hexham Station NSWrail.net
- " Hunter Valley Coal Chain - Rail developments at Hexham, NSW" Railway Digest January 2013 page 36
- Reducing coal train congestion at Newcastle Port Australian Rail Track Corporation 25 October 2013
- "Construction begins on Hexham Relief Road Project" Railway Digest December 2013 page 12
- Hexham Relief Roads Project Construction Environmental Management Plan Upper Hunter Valley Alliance
- Hunter line timetable NSW TrainLink 20 October 2013
- Media related to Hexham railway station, New South Wales at Wikimedia Commons
- Hexham station details Sydney Trains