|Studio album by Carnie & Wendy Wilson|
|Released||October 5, 1993|
Hey Santa! is a Christmas album recorded by Carnie & Wendy Wilson (SBK K2-27113). It was released in October 1993, and entered the Billboard Top Pop Albums chart on December 25, 1993. The album was the first album recorded by the Wilson sisters after the group Wilson Phillips went on hiatus.
The album was not a commercial success, peaking at #116 on the Billboard Top Pop Albums chart, and reaching #25 on the Top Holiday Albums chart. The track listing for the album consists of eleven Christmas standards, plus the original title track, Hey Santa, written by Jack Kugell and Carnie & Wendy Wilson.
The title track is about a man returning home to his love on Christmas, after his love wished that Santa would "bring [her] baby home tonight." SBK Records released one single to radio and retail. Hey Santa, backed with Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, was issued on cassette single and on a green vinyl 45rpm, SBK S7-17648-A, and reached #22 on the Billboard Top Adult Contemporary chart. It also reached #1 on the Billboard Bubbling Under the Hot 100 chart, often shown as #101 on the Hot 100 in Billboard reference books. The single still receives recurrent airplay during the Christmas holiday season. Carl Wilson, Carnie & Wendy's Uncle and a Beach Boy founding member, features prominently in the backing vocal.
The album also features a Wilson family recording from 1977 of I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus that features the Beach Boys on backing vocals and a wide range of Beach Boys band members' children, including Matthew & Adam Jardine, Hailey & Christian Love, and Jonah & Justyn Wilson.
Hey Santa was later reissued with the same content and a two-page booklet without lyrics in 1999 with the catalog number 98289 by EMI/Capitol Special Markets on both CD and cassette. As of November, 2007, this version of Hey Santa is still available.
As of June 27, 2012, "Hey Santa" has sold 138,747 copies in the US, according to SoundScan.
In 2007, Carnie Wilson released a solo Christmas album, Christmas With Carnie, that features new versions of many of the same songs.
- "Hey Santa!" (Jack Kugell; Carnie Wilson; Wendy Wilson) -4:34
- "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!" (Jule Styne; Sammy Cahn) -3:23
- "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" (Johnny Marks) -2:47
- "Winter Wonderland" (Felix Bernard; Richard B. Smith) -3:40
- "Little Drummer Boy" (Katherine Kennicott Davis; Henry V. Oronati; Harry Simeone) -4:17
- "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" (Ralph Blane; Hugh Martin) -4:32
- "Jingle Bell Rock" (Joseph Carleton Beal; James Ross Boothe) -2:11
- "Silver Bells" (Jay Livingston; Ray Evans) -4:30
- "Christmas Medley: We Three Kings of Orient Are/Silent Night/The First Noel" (Traditional) -6:38
- "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" (Tommie Connor) -1:14
|This 1990s pop album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|