Hi-5 (Australian TV series)
|Created by||Helena Harris
|Starring||Kathleen De Leon-Jones (1998-2006)
Tim Harding (1998-2007)
Kellie Crawford (1998-2008)
Nathan Foley (1998-2008)
Sun Park (2006-2008)
Stevie Nicholson (2007-present)
Casey Burgess (2008-2013)
Lauren Brant (2009-present)
Tim Maddren (2009-2013)
Fely Irvine (2009-2011)
Dayen Zheng (2012-present)
|Theme music composer||Chris Harriott|
|Opening theme||"Five in the Air"|
|Ending theme||"Five in the Air (Reprise)"|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of series||13 (Hi-5 Original Series)
1 (Hi-5 House Series)
|No. of episodes||570 (Hi-5 Original Series)
25 (Hi-5 House Series)
|Executive producer(s)||Helena Harris
|Location(s)||TCN-9 Sydney (1998-2011)
Oak3 Films, Singapore (2013-present)
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Kids Like Us (1999-2007)
Southern Star Group (2007-2012)
Asiasons Group (2012-present)
|Original channel||Nine Network (1999-2012)
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original run||April 1999 – December 2011 (Nine Network)
February 24, 2014-present (Eleven)
|Followed by||Hi-5 House|
Hi-5, an Australian children's television program, was first shown on the Nine Network in 1999 and is based on the children's music group Hi-5. Hi-5 is a children's pop music group much like peer children's entertainers The Wiggles. Hi-5 has been shown in approximately 80 countries.
Each series has 45 episodes with nine weekly themes. In 2004 (Series 6), the show was marked by reduced episodes than normal, with 30 episodes in six weekly themes due to the band concentrating more on touring. In 2012, no new series was filmed, with a repeat of Series 13 being shown instead.
In 2009 was marked the beginning of the "second generation" of Hi-5, with all of the original members having departed in 2006-2008. The series was renewed for another five years with the new cast by the Nine Network, which would have the contract expire in 2013.
- 1 Origins of the program
- 2 Cast members
- 3 Live tours
- 4 Hi-5 CDs
- 5 Hi-5 videos and DVDs
- 6 Opening History
- 7 Episodes and series
- 8 Educational segments
- 9 International Broadcasts
- 10 Credits
- 11 See also
- 12 References
- 13 External links
Origins of the program
In 1999, Producer Helena Harris, creator of Bananas in Pajamas, created "Hi-5" when her two children outgrew the Bananas. She and co-producer Posie Graeme-Evans decided the new show would be aimed at children of all ages, would include educational trends as fun and games, and would feature music and movement that would attract children's attention. Hi-5 aims to cater to a wide range of young children with a wide range of cognitive abilities and learning styles.
Child-development experts work with writers on every script. Each show is built around a simple theme like colours, music, animals, or numbers. Each show is then divided into segments that teach the concept in different ways. Music is seen as the method of joining the segments of the program together as well as highlighting the concepts and themes of each program.
The auditions for the Australian hosts were held in 1998 and the first program was broadcast in 1999. Since then, the original Australian show won five ARIA awards for "Best Children's Album" (as of 2005), won three consecutive Australian Logie Awards (the Australian awards for Television performance and production recognition) for "Most Outstanding Children's Preschool Program" as of 2005.
Hi-5 House Series (2013-present)
- Stevie Nicholson
- Lauren Brant
- Dayen Zheng
- Ainsley Melham
- Mary Lascaris
Hi-5 Original Series (1999-2012)
- Stevie Nicholson (Series 10-13)
- Lauren Brant (Series 11-13)
- Casey Burgess (Series 11-13)
- Tim Maddren (Series 11-13)
- Fely Irvine (Series 11-13)
- Sun Park (Series 9-10)
- Kellie Crawford (Series 1-10)
- Nathan Foley (Series 1-10)
- Charli Robinson (Series 1-10)
- Tim Harding (Series 1-9)
- Kathleen de Leon Jones (Series 1-8, with 3 guest appearances in Series 9)
- Chatterbox ("Chats")
- Voiced by Charli Robinson (1998–2002)
- Voiced by Sophie Katinis (2002-2003)
- Voiced by Erin Marshall (2004–2006)
- Voiced by Noni McCallum (2006–2008)
- Voiced by Natalie Duarte (2008–2009)
- Voiced by Alycce Martins (2010)
- Voiced by Brianne Turk (2011)
- Voiced by Teigan Nash (2012)
- Voiced by Mary Lascaris (2013)
- Voiced by Tim Harding (1998–2007)
- Voiced by Noni McCallum (2007–2008)
- Voiced by Natalie Duarte (2008–2009)
- Voiced by Alycce Martins (2010)
- Voiced by Brianne Turk (2011)
- Voiced by Teigan Nash (2012)
- Voiced by Ainsley Melham (2013)
Former members' reasons for leaving
In order, first to last:
- Kathleen de Leon Jones: Left following the birth of her first child with former Savage Garden member Daniel Jones in 2006.
- Tim Harding: Left following a serious motorcycle accident in 2007 where he fractured both legs and suffered a serious spinal injury that required intensive care and reconstruction.
- Charli Robinson: In February 2008 she left to pursue other interests in presenting work, and acting in film and television, in order to "challenge herself".
- Kellie Crawford: Left to explore other career opportunities and to settle down and start a family. Announced in October 2008 that her last show would be at Carols by Candlelight on 24 December 2008.
- Nathan Foley: Left to concentrate on solo music career. Announced in November 2008 that his last show would be at Carols by Candlelight on 24 December 2008.
- Sun Park: Left prior to her marriage to Nathan Pezzimenti as she did not wish to be constantly leaving her husband to tour with Hi-5. Announced in December 2008 that her final performance would be at Carols by Candlelight with Kellie and Nathan.
- Fely Irvine: Left to pursue other acting opportunities. Her final performance was at the 2011 Carols by Candlelight.
- Tim Maddren: Left after getting a role in The Addams Family Broadway Musical. His final performance was in Cebu City, Philippines, on 19 January 2013.
- Casey Burgess: Left to pursue a solo music career. Her final performance was in Cebu City, Philippines, on 19 January 2013.
Replacement of cast
In 2006, Kathleen de Leon Jones became pregnant and Sun Pezzimenti (née Park) was found to temporarily replace Kathleen while she went on maternity leave. The beginning of series 9 showed Kathleen introducing the audience to Sun and asking her to look after her space while she had the baby. Later in the series, Kathleen returned to introduce everyone to her baby, Mikayla. In July 2007, Kathleen made the decision to permanently leave the group to focus on being a mom. Also in 2007, Tim Harding was involved in a serious motorcycle accident which left him with injuries that required intensive care and rehabilitation. Just prior to this, Stevie Nicholson was hired as an understudy to both Tim and Nathan Foley, so he took Tim's place when he decided he could no longer continue with the group. In February 2008, Charli Robinson announced that she would be leaving Hi-5, having just completed filming series 10, and would stay with the group until a suitable replacement was found. Soon after, Casey Burgess was hired as Charli's replacement and began touring with the group. In October 2008, Kellie Crawford (née Hoggart) announced that she would be leaving the group at the end of the year. A month later, Nathan Foley announced that he would be leaving with Kellie, and rumours swirled that the pair had been fired in favour of younger, cheaper alternatives. These rumours would never come to be confirmed. In December 2008, Sun stated that Nathan and Kellie had not been pressured to leave and announced that she too would be leaving at the end of the year. The trio's final performance was at the 2008 Carols by Candlelight. Auditions were then held to find three new Hi-5 members. In February 2009, on Mornings with Kerri-Anne, the new line-up was revealed, with Lauren Brant, Tim Maddren and Fely Irvine joining the cast. The cast remained the same for three years until December 2011, when Fely left the group. Her final performance was at the 2011 Carols by Candlelight. Dayen Zheng replaced Fely and the group spent the year touring. Then, in December 2012, Casey and Tim announced that the year's Carols by Candlelight would be their last with Hi-5 and they would be leaving the group early in the new year. In January 2013, Ainsley Melham and Mary Lascaris were announced as Tim and Casey's replacements. Hi-5's first movie 'Some Kind of Wonderful' was released in March 2013 and showed the audition process for Dayen, Ainsley and Mary, as well as taking a look back at the history of Hi-5.
- Charli Robinson was replaced by Casey Burgess in 2008, who was then replaced by Mary Lascaris in 2013.
- Tim Harding was replaced by Stevie Nicholson in 2007.
- Kellie Crawford was replaced by Lauren Brant in 2009.
- Nathan Foley was replaced by Tim Maddren in 2009, who was then replaced by Ainsley Melham in 2013.
- Kathleen de Leon Jones was replaced by Sun Park in 2006, who was then replaced by Fely Irvine in 2009, and then by Dayen Zheng in 2012.
- Body Movement presented by Charli Robinson in 1998-2008, Casey Burgess in 2008, Lauren Brant in 2009-2013, and Mary Lascaris (2013-present).
- Making Music presented by Tim Harding in 1998-2007, Stevie Nicholson in 2007-2008, Tim Maddren in 2009-2013, and Ainsley Melham in 2013-present.
- Word Play with Chats presented by Kellie Crawford in 1998-2008, Casey Burgess in 2009-2013, and Lauren Brant in 2013-present.
- Puzzles and Patterns with Jup Jup presented by Kathleen de Leon Jones in 1998-2006, Sun Park in 2006-2008, Fely Irvine in 2009-2011, Dayen Zheng in 2012-present.
- 2000 It's A Party (series 1 and 2)
- 2001 Hi-5 Alive (series 3)
- 2002 Celebrate (series 4)
- 2002-2003 Hi-5 Alive (series 4)
- 2003-2004 Come On And Party (series 5)
- 2005-2006 Space Magic (series 6)
- 2006-2007 Live Action Heroes (series 7)
- 2007 Super Active Short Tour (series 7)
- 2007-2008 Live Circus Stage Show (series 8 and 9)
- 2008 Party Street Tour (series 8 and 9 reprised)
- 2008 Playtime Tour (Series 10)
- 2009-2010 Hi-5 Surprise! (series 11)
- 2011 Turn the Music Up! (series 12)
- 2012 I Love Hi-5 (series 13)
- 2012-2013 Holiday (series 13)
- 2013 Wonderful (series 13)
- 2013-14 Hi-5 House Party (Hi-5 House series 1)
- 2014 Hi-5 House Hits (Hi-5 House series 1/2)
Christmas Eve concert
Since 2000, Hi-5 have performed annually at Vision Australia's Carols by Candlelight. For a few years, they held their own short concert before Carols by Candlelight, but they currently just perform as a part of the carols. Several cast have noted the Christmas Eve concerts as one of their highlights and because of this, it is often the last performance of departing members. As of 2013, Hi-5 will no longer be performing at Carols by Candlelight. Stevie announced the news via Twitter, stating, "Sad news. Not doing Carols by Candlelight in Melbourne this year. No more Santa Claus is Coming. :( #tradition #xmas #hi5". The reason would be the new commitment of a tour in Malaysia from December 27 (comparing the absence of the new season in 2012 for commitment of a Holiday tour, and/or 15 new episodes not recorded from Series 6 in 2004 for same thing). It will be the first time for many years have not performed at Carols by Candlelight.
All Hi-5 CDs are released in Australia by SonyBMG. At least four of them gone platinum and gold and one of the top ten music in Australia. Hi-5 CDs are sold in UK and Australia
List of Hi-5 albums
- 1999 - Jump and Jive with Hi-5 (Series 1)
- 2000 - It's a party (series 2)
- 2001 - Boom boom beat (series 3)
- 2002 - Celebrate (series 4)
- 2003-2004 - Holiday (series 5 and 6)
- 2005 - Making music (series 7)
- 2006 - Wish upon a star (series 8)
- 2007 - Wow (series 9)
- 2008 - Planet earth (series 10)
- 2009 - Spin me round (series 11)
- 2010 - Turn the music up (series 12)
- 2011 - Sing it loud (series 13)
- 2014 - coming soon
Selections and Greatest Hits
- Hi-5 Double the fun (2000)
- Hi-5 Triple treat, vol. 1 (2001)
- Hi-5 Hits (2002)
- Hi-5 Holiday limited CD (2003)
- Its a Hi-5 Christmas (2003)
- Jingle jangle jingle (2004)
- Hi-5 Hits (2005)
- Hi-5 Triple treat, vol. 2 (2005)
- Hi-5 Christmas gift pack (2005)
- Hi-5 All the best! (2008)
Hi-5 videos and DVDs
Each series of Hi-5 is edited and compiled into video and DVD releases. Usually, 3 titles are released for each titles. There was a DVD for series 6 due to the short period; Series 5 and 6 are combination, in which 3 series DVDs were released; Series 10, in which only 2 series DVDs were released; and Series 13, in which 6 series DVDs were released due to the lack of a new series in 2012.
Original series releases
|Series #||DVD Title||Songs of the week||Year|
|1||Move Your Body||Move Your Body||Ready or Not||L.O.V.E.||1999|
|Summer Rainbows||Living in a Rainbow||Grow||Five Senses|
|Star Dreaming||Dream On||You and Me||In a Different Place||2000|
|2||Animal Adventures||So Many Animals||Special Days||North, South, East, West|
|Music Machine||Robot Number 1||Mirror Mirror||Feel the Beat|
|Snow Party||It's a Party!||Feelings||Three Wishes||2001|
|3||Five Alive!||Boom Boom Beat||Friends Forever||Rain Rain Go Away|
|Playing Cool||You're My Number One||Let's Get to Work||I Spy|
|Magical Treasures||I Can Go Anywhere||Opposites||Buried Treasure||2002|
|4||Let's Celebrate||Celebrate||Hand in Hand||Inside my Heart|
|Surfing Safari||Going Out||Give It a Go||Reach Out||2003|
|Hi-Energy||E.N.E.R.G.Y.||One Step Forward||Move It|
|5/6||Hi-5 Holiday||Holiday||Underwater Discovery||Give Five||2004|
|Come On and Party||Come On and Party||Build It Up||L.O.V.E (remake)|
|Space Magic||Hi-5 Base to Outer Space||Dream On (remake)||I Believe in Magic|
|7||Action Heroes||Action Heroes||T.E.A.M||Planet Disco||2005|
|Wonderful Journeys||Some Kind of Wonderful||Come Around to My Place||Rainbow 'Round the World|
|Mix It Up!||Making Music||Ch-ch-changing||Home Sweet Home||2006|
|8||Sharing Wishes||Share Everything with You||Special||Wish upon a Star|
|Have Some Fun||Have Some Fun||Peek a Boo||Growing Up||2007|
|Traveling Circus||Pretending Day||Are We There Yet?||Hey What's Cooking?|
|9||Team Hi-5||Happy Today||Brave and Strong||Switching Around|
|Party Street||Wow!||Stop and Go||Party Street||2008|
|Go Wild!||Around the World||Time Machine||Love Is All Around|
|10||Playtime||Playtime||When I Grow Up||Planet Earth||Techno world||Abracadabra|
|Jump & Shout||Jump and Shout||Come Alive||Family||The Best Things in Life Are Free||2009|
|11||Fun with Friends||Zoo Party||Knock Knock knock||Spin Me 'Round|
|Santa Claus Is Coming||Santa Claus Is Coming||Living in a Fairytale||Favourite Teddy Bear||Let's Get Away|
|Stop Look Listen||Stop Look Listen||Natural World||Happy Monster Dance||2010|
|12||Imagine That!||Martian Groove||Hi-5 Farm||Stand Up Tall on Tippy Toes|
|Happy Hi-5 House||Happy House||Toy Box||Backyard Adventures||2011|
|Hey Presto!||Hey Presto||The Dancing Bus||Turn the Music Up!|
|Ready or Not||Robot Number One||Ready or Not||Five Senses||2012|
|Make a Wish||Wish upon a Star (remake)||Making Music (remake)||Some Kind of Wonderful (remake)|
|Discovery||Wow! (remake)||Underwater Discovery (remake)||Some Kind of Wonderful (remake)|
|Let's Play||Making Music (remake)||Ready or Not (remake)||Five Senses (remake)||2013|
|Feeling Fine||Five Senses (remake)||L.O.V.E. (remake)||Some Kind of Wonderful (remake)|
House series releases
|Series #||DVD Title||Songs of the week||Year|
|1||Dream House||Our House||Dream On||2014|
|1||So Many Animals||So Many Animals (remake)||Dance With The Dinosaurs||2014|
- 2003 It's a Hi-5 Christmas
- 2005 Hi-5 Dance - Vol 1 - Series 1 Songs of the Week
- 2005 Hi-5 Dance - Vol 2 - Series 2 Songs of the Week
- 2006 Hi-5 Dance - Vol 3 - Series 3 Songs of the Week
- 2009 Hi-5 Favourites - Celebrating The First 10 Years from Series 1-10
- 2010 Hi-5 Sharing Stories - All Songs of the Week, plus a selection of stories from Series 11
- 2011 Hi-5 Sharing Stories 2 - All Songs of the Week, plus a selection of stories from Series 12
- 2012 Hi-5 Sharing Stories 3 - All Songs of the Week, plus a selection of stories from Series 13
Live Tour releases
- 2009 Hi-5 Playtime Live - 2008 Live Tour (Casey's first appearance and last appearance with Kellie, Nathan, and Sun)
- 2010 Hi-5 Surprise Live - 2009-2010 Live Tour (first appearance with Lauren, Tim and Fely)
- 2012 Hi-5 Holiday Live - 2012 Live Tour (Dayen's first appearance and Last Appearance with Casey and Tim)
(Series 1, 2, 3) The Hi-5 logo is displayed on a yellow background, Charli (in cartoon form) removes the Hi5 logo from the screen. The five original members are displayed doing jumps, holding umbrellas, doing somersaults. The Hi5 cast give each other hi5's (for the part hi hi hi hi hi hi together.) For the part 1,2.3.4 Hi5 (which is sung three times) their pictures in cartoon form are displayed two out of three times. For the 3rd part the real cast is displayed. After that the cast in cartoon form fly into the middle of the screen and form a hi5 hand the real logo appears and hits the screen. The part where the cast sing "there smile on my face" was the actual cast. That part was changed for series 2 and 3 to show differences in each series. Eg: the cast wore different clothes and the cast in cartoon form looked like kids(which is cool!)
(Series 4, 5, 6, 7) The intro had a total new makeover. The animated cast was more 3D than the previous intro. Their animated version matched what the cast wore. The hi5 logo hits the screen then the animated cast jump onto the hi5 logo and do dance steps unlike previous intro. The cast say hi individually for the part hi hi......together. For the first Part when they sing "1234 Hi-5" the real cast change into their animated version. The second time they do a dance step, for the third time the cast come together and show a Hi5 hand. The cast then spin into a circle and release the hi5 logo. The intro was updated each series except for series 6 (The series 5 intro was used.) the casts clothes and hairstyle change to show difference in each series.
(Series 8, 9, 10) Hi-5 took its animation to the next level with more vibrant colours and 3D animation. The animated cast was closely matched to the real cast. The cast jump down onto the green, red, aqua, regular and orange variations of the logo for dancing, A city made of blocks with hands and shapes on them, their pictures appear on the ferris wheel for the part where they sing hi hi.....together. For the first part where they sing 1234 hi5 they change into their animated versions. For the second part the animated cast dance on a road made of xylophones and trumpets behind them an animated Jup-Jup and Chats drive past in the Hi-5 Car. For the third part the real cast run toward the screen butterflies pass them and they change into their animated versions. The Animation ends with the animated cast flying past the screen and the Hi5 logo hits the screen. The intro changes in each series to show difference. Eg: clothes and hair. In series 9 kathleen is taken out of the intro and sun is featured. In series 10 tim is taken out and stevie is featured. This final intro of the first generation of hi-5 with all original members and sun before coming of the second generation of hi-5 with 4 new members casey, lauren, tim, and fely in the next intro. This intro was the inspiration for the UK version of the programme.
(Series 11, 12, 13) The fourth and final intro was very different from previous versions. Firstly the animated cast is in 3D form and there is a totally new cast. The hi5 logo spins onto the screen and the animated cast jump onto a blue floor and do dance steps. When 'who cares about the weather" is sung an umbrella passes the screen. Lauren is the one who holds the umbrella. Balls pass lauren and yellow back round with a blue slide is shown. Lauren waves hi followed by stevie sliding down the slide casey and tim jumping then fely waving hi. The real cast's pictures are shown for the hi hi.......together part like the original cast. For the first part as well as the second part where the cast sing "1234 hi5" the animated cast spin around. For the third part the cast stand in a circle and look down at the screen. The intro ends with the cast standing in a circle waving their hands and the hi5 logo hits the screen . The intro is updated in series 12 for the hi hi......together part. Eg: casey's hair colour is different and the cast seems older but the cast wear the same clothes as the series 11 intro. the series 13 intro is the same as series 12.
(Series 1-present) The music is the same as all previous versions, but with sung by Hi-5 House cast. The logo symbolizes the title, was a cottage with garden in the background; The five characters appear in each window in a different way: Ainsley out a window flag on a blue wall, Dayen out a circle window on orange wall, Lauren out a star window on pink wall, Mary out a square window on yellow wall, and Stevie out a triangle window on green wall; Then they are traveling on a purple balloon that symbolizes the title, in background details there was a rainbow and clouds in the sky along with other balloons; They join hands in a green ground with multicolored confetti, and they walk the orange magic carpet. In "Hi" (as in previous openings), they appear human, but in background windows that appeared in the first scene; In the "Hi .. together", they dance in a secluded garden; In the first "1, 2, 3, 4... HI-5!", they appear on the seabed (Jup Jup seen to the left down part) due to the equipment; In the second "1, 2, 3, 4... HI-5!", they appear as explorers in the amazon rainforest; In the third "1, 2, 3, 4... HI-5!", they appear as explorers of outer space (along with Chatterbox that was left above a purple planet); In the final, the camera quickly leaves the planet and the Hi-5 house gang appears flying happily, the white flash makes move to the scene of them dancing in a corner outside, and rush in for the logo, in the rush of the logo it was have something happened in the back of the logo, Mary the 4th Member of Hi-5 House, has disappeared for a second then she appears again.
Episodes and series
In every series there are nine feature songs, termed 'Songs of the Week' (the titles of which are shown below). Each series has run for nine weeks allowing five episodes to be shown a week (45 episodes) To date, there have been 570 episodes aired with more 25 new episodes from Hi-5 House . Except for series 6 which had just 30 episodes. Accordingly the Series 6 was composed of 6 songs of the week and various segments which had been filmed in 2002 and 2003. The lack of a new series in 2012 was also due to the same reason.
Each section indicates the year in which each season aired, the title of the song on the album and the title used in the show. each song focuses on teaching the audience general common values in life and childhood, such as love, growth, imagination, fun, acceptance, adventure and more. Each week, there is a theme of the week that the song goes along with... The theme is given in the beginning of each episode in animation.
From Series 1 -10 orange people participate in activities that goes along with the theme of that week. From Series 11 -13, it always includes a dinosaur on wheels and a caterpillar on wheels participating in some activity that goes with the theme. The theme name appears in colorful letters, children's voices announce the theme and then the show begins. Hi-5 House however has five weekly themes each theme lasting five days for 25 episodes.
Songs of the Week (and theme)
- Series 1 (1999)
Note: The first season with original members.
- Series 2 (2000)
- Series 3 (2001)
- Series 4 (2002)
- Series 5 (2003)
Note: 6 new songs and 3 remake song from series 1
- Series 6 (2004)
- Series 7 (2005)
- Series 8 (2006)
Note: The last season with member Kathleen de Leon Jones.
- Series 9 (2007)
Note: The last season with member Tim Harding.
Note: The first season with member Sun Park.
- Series 10 (2008)
Note: The first season with member Stevie Nicholson.
Note: The last season of the first generation of hi-5, with all the original members having departed in 2006-2008, before coming of the second generation of hi-5 in series 11.
- Series 11 (2009)
Note: The first season with members Casey Burgess, Lauren Brant, Tim Maddren, and Fely Irvine.
Note: The first season of the second generation of hi-5, all new cast, with all of the original members having departed in 2006-2008.
- Series 12 (2010)
- Series 13 (2011)
Note: all remake songs from the first 10 years of the first generation of hi-5.
Note: The last season with members Fely Irvine, Tim Maddren, and Casey Burgess.
Note: The last season of the hi-5 original series before hi-5 house series.
- Series 1 (2013-2014)
Note: There is no title for each week, instead Hi-5 will explain what they look into each episode.
Note: This is first season with the new members: Dayen Zheng (since 2012), Ainsley Melham and Mary Lascaris (both since 2013).
Each presenter hosts an education centric segment of the show. At times, they're assisted by their co-presenters to display social skills and group problem solving skills.
- Mary Lascaris (House Series 1 - present) hosts the section body move encouraging body co-ordination skill development through dancing, hopping, jumping and stepping. Formerly presented by Charli Robinson (Original Series 1 - 10) and Lauren Brant (Original Series 11 - 13).
- Ainsley Melham (House Series 1 - present) hosts the musical segment looking at concepts such as beat, rhythm, pitch and melody using pianos, guitars, bells and other instruments to his aid. Formerly presented by Tim Harding (Original Series 1 - 9), Stevie Nicholson (Original Series 10) and Tim Maddren (Original Series 11 - 13).
- Lauren Brant (House Series 1 - present) hosts the section word play looking at language and sounds with the help of her puppet friend Chatterbox ("Chats"). Formerly presented by Kellie Crawford (Original Series 1 - 10) and Casey Burgess (Original Series 11 - 13).
- Stevie Nicholson (Original Series 11 - 13 & House Series 1 - present) presents a segment exploring shape, colour, texture and pattern using various kinds of learning aids [See Also] including coloured boxes, balls and play-dough. Formerly presented by Nathan Foley (Original Series 1 - 10).
- Dayen Zheng (House Series 1 - present) presents a segment on logical thinking and mathematics looking at numbers, puzzles and mazes - this segment also features Jup-Jup, a puppet who is not seen by Dayen, but constantly plays tricks on her. Formerly presented by Kathleen de Leon Jones (Original Series 1 - 8), Sun Park (Original Series 9 - 10) and Fely Irvine (Original Series 11 - 13).
- There is also a segment where all five presenters join together to present a story. This segment is to promote social skills and group problem solving.
Hi-5 now airs in more than 80 or 83 countries, including:
- Created by: Helena Harris & Posie Graeme-Evans
- Composer: Chris Harriott
- Song of the week lyrics:
- Leone Carey
- Cameron Clarke
- Lisa Hoppe
- Helena Harris
- Amy Harris
- Chris Phillips
- Chris Harriott
- Russell Burton
- Andrew Einspruch
- Emma-Jane Dann
- Valerie Foley
- Tamra Palmer
- Susan Oliver
- Ray Boseley
- Leisa Gartsky
- Rachel Spratt
- Sarah Boot
- Tanya Meek
- John Wilson
- Monica Millgate
- Early Childhood Producer/Advisor:
- Helen Martin
- Script Director:
- Julie Greene
- Script Producers:
- Catherine Martin
- Leone Carey
- Script Editors:
- Chris Phillips
- Duncan Fine
- Stephen Measday
- Julie Miller
- Catherine Thiele
- Kim Fowler
- Cameron Mitchell
- Leah Howard
- Michelle Blair
- Song of the week Directors:
- Ian Munro
- Russel Burton
- Bryan Newton
- David Summons
- Jonathan Geraghty
- Creative Director:
- Nadia Benussi
- Script Co-coordinators:
- Leila Wooldridge
- Ilana Lion
- Scenic Design:
- Graeme Haddon Balooga Entertainment
- Art Direction:
- Graeme Haddon(Series 2-8)(US Series 2)
- Tamara Ealey(Series 9-13)(Hi5 House)
- Standby Props:
- Gavin Sainsbury
- Madox Courtenay-Foster
- Liam Kennedy
- Andrew Boxce
- Sheryl Talmage
- Ned Matthews
- Karen Palmer
- Ross Morrison
- Kara Walsh
- Russell Hayes
- Evelyn Meikle
- Production/Audience Co-Coordinators:
- Kate Facey
- Julie Deakins
- Megan Bulmer
- Katie Horbury
- Art Departments:
- Paul Fraser
- Peter Ashman
- Orlando Norrish
- Joanna Greenwood
- Luke Ede
- Joanne Parkin
- Liz Allen
- Will Northam
- Juan Carlos Camacho
- Anna Marchant
- Chrissie Hewitt
- Bethany Southwell
- Vicky Carter
- Milly Carter
- Emily Cartwright
- Chris Meed
- Unit Nurses:
- Kerry Smith
- Fiona Wilson
- Julie Deakins
- Emma Martin
- Helen Johnstone
- Susan Dufty
- Hair and Make-Ups:
- Lisa Soames
- Kristy Snape
- Troy Follington
- Marion Phillips
- Marianna Grillo
- Simon Joseph
- Cat Sherwin
- Mariana Grillo
- Make-Up Assistants:
- Leanne Wilson O'Connor
- Jessica Brown
- Vanessa Yang Ma
- Costume and Props Designers:
- Andrea Gaskill
- Lyndsey Regan-Evans
- Kerry Snow
- Maggie Blunden
- Wardrobe I/C:
- Julie Lynch
- Kylie Dunn
- Gary Benign
- Chelsea O'Brien
- Kerry Maree Jong
- Kelly Maree Jong
- Margaret Gill
- Technical Directors:
- Jane Bowers
- Vickie Russell
- Camera Operators:
- David Sliwinski
- Michael Healy
- Melissa French
- Bob Frankel
- Jim Walpole
- Sam Collins
- Melissa Clarke
- Justin Rule
- Andy Short
- Ian Baldwin
- Richard Stevenson
- Brian Benjamin
- Paula Harris
- Paul Harris
- Rob Francis
- Camera Assistants:
- Kat Baumann
- Kat Trumann
- Mitch Sweeney
- Segment Editors:
- Laurie Hughes
- Simon Martin
- Amy Hughes
- Production Assistants:
- Lindsay Chapman
- Lindsey Chapman
- Ryan Coughlan
- Matt Cleary
- Joshua Revelman
- TVD Broadcast
- Sound Post Production:
- Tracks Post Production
- Final Mix:
- John Wyatt
- Titles and Animation Design:
- Southern Star Singapore
- Jackie Chan
- Our Thanks to:
- Chameleon Touring Systems
- Global Television
- Videocraft Equipment
- MAC Cosmetics
- NAK Hair Care Australia
- Production Secretary:
- Tara Sheffield
- Series Directors
- Jonathan Geraghty
- Ian Munro
- Executive Producer
- Kris Noble
- Produced by
- Posie Greame Evans
- Helena Harris
Produced By: Kids Like Us, Southern Star and Nine Films & Television for the NINE NETWORK (C) 1999
Kids Like Us and Southern Star IAW NINE NETWORK Australia ninemsn.com.au
Note: The full credits will be changed, or added when the new Hi-5 series debuting what will happen in Singapore. Now is produced by Asiasons.
- Hi-5 Website
- Official Hi-5 Twitter
- Cartoonito Hi-5 Website
- Hi-5 (Australia) at the Internet Movie Database
- Hi-5 at TV.com
- Tim Maddren Official Site
- Stevie Nicholson Official Site
- Nine Network Hi-5 Website