Hialeah High School
|Hialeah High School|
|251 E. 47th Street
|Motto||To Seek, To Find, To Share|
|School district||Miami-Dade County Public Schools|
|Color(s)||‹See Tfm› Scarlet
‹See Tfm› Royal Blue
|Newspaper||The Record Newspaper|
|School Grade||B (as of 2011-2012)|
|School Hours||7:20 AM to 2:20 PM|
Hialeah High opened in September 1954.
In January 2013, Manuel Cruz, an English teacher at the school, was arrested for punching a 17-year old girl he was having an affair with.
In early 2013, a video was posted featuring how the school looked in 1988.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (September 2013)|
Hialeah High is 94% Hispanic 4% Black 2% White non Hispanic. Hialeah High has a high proportion of foreign-born students, with 57.8% students born outside of the United States (50.1% Cuba, 4.4% Nicaragua, 2.0% Panama).[timeframe?]
- Baseball: won the State Title in 1969, 2001, and 2002.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (November 2013)|
1968-69: Featured band at U of Fla homecoming halftime show, Escorted Queen's Float in Orange Bowl Parade, Featured band at Super Bowl 3 (Colts vs Jets) halftime show, A top ten national marching band in the Disney Band Competition. 2011 Florida Marching Band Competition 1A State Champions. 1964: The Marching Thoroughbred Band played in the Florida Pavilion at the New York World's Fair.
T-Bred Singers: TBS (T-Bred Singers) has placed first in The Miracle Mile Caroling Competition's show choir category for the past 25 years, since it has opened.
- Gio Gonzalez, baseball player for the Washington Nationals
- Paris Cotton, football player
- Bucky Dent, former professional baseball player for the New York Yankees, 1978 World Series MVP
- Alin Edouard, quarterback for the Syracuse Orange
- George Enright, former professional baseball player for the Chicago White Sox
- Ted Hendricks, former NFL Hall of Fame linebacker for the Baltimore Colts, Green Bay Packers, and Oakland/LA Raiders, 4 Super Bowl wins
- Charlie Hough, former professional baseball player
- Ross Jones, former professional baseball player for the New York Mets, Seattle Mariners, and Kansas City Royals
- Corey Lemonier, NFL linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers
- Corey Liuget, NFL lineman for the San Diego Chargers, selected in the 1st round of the 2011 NFL Draft
- Adewale Ojomo, NFL defensive end for the New York Giants
- Roell Preston, former professional football player
- Alan Wiggins, former professional baseball player
- Pedro Zamora, HIV/AIDS educator, The Real World: San Francisco television personality
- Sanchez, Heriberto. "Principal Message". Hialeah High. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Meet the New Principal". Hialeah High. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Natalia Zea (April 5, 2012). "Hialeah High Junior Receives $250,000 Surprise". CBS Miami. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "Manuel Cruz, Hialeah High Teacher, Punched Teen When She Refused To Have Sex With Him, Cops Say". Huffington Post. January 24, 2013. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- C Cruz (February 7, 2013). "Driving by Hialeah High School - January 1988". YouTube. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "Hialeah Senior High School 2013 Grade". Ledger Data. Retrieved September 9, 2013.
- Manny Navarro; Susan Miller Degnan (September 1, 2013). "UM 2014 quarterback commit Alin Edouard of Hialeah High decommits -- wasn't feeling the love". Eye on the U. Miami Herald. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "1978 World Series (4-2): New York Yankees (100-63) over Los Angeles Dodgers (95-67)". Baseball-Reference. Sports Reference, LLC. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "Bucky Dent". Baseball-Reference. Sports References, LLC. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- "George Enright". Baseball-Reference. Sports References, LLC. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Ted Hendricks". Pro Football Hall of Fame. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Charlie Hough". Baseball-Reference. Sports References, LLC. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Ross Jones". Baseball-Reference. Sports References, LLC. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Corey Lemonier". Auburn Tigers. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Corey Liuget". University of Illinois Athletics. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Adewale Ojomo". National Football League. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Roell Preston". databaseFootball. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- "Alan Wiggins". Baseball-Reference. Sports References, LLC. Retrieved January 22, 2014.
- Hialeah High School
- Miami-Dade County public schools
- Hialeah High Schools Information
- Hialeah High baseball
- The Hialeah High Record Paper Online
- Golden Thoroughbreds
- Alumni Class Lists