Hidden Valley Lake, California
|Hidden Valley Lake|
Location in Lake County and the state of California
|• Total||9.888 sq mi (25.609 km2)|
|• Land||9.734 sq mi (25.211 km2)|
|• Water||0.154 sq mi (0.398 km2) 1.55%|
|Elevation||1,191 ft (363 m)|
|• Density||560/sq mi (220/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1766196|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 9.9 square miles (26 km2), of which, 9.7 square miles (25 km2) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.52 km2) of it (1.55%) is water.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Hidden Valley Lake had a population of 5,579. The population density was 564.2 people per square mile (217.9/km²). The racial makeup of Hidden Valley Lake was 4,830 (86.6%) White, 63 (1.1%) African American, 80 (1.4%) Native American, 75 (1.3%) Asian, 12 (0.2%) Pacific Islander, 326 (5.8%) from other races, and 193 (3.5%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 733 persons (13.1%).
The Census reported that 5,575 people (99.9% of the population) lived in households, 4 (0.1%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 2,119 households, out of which 752 (35.5%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 1,291 (60.9%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 206 (9.7%) had a female householder with no husband present, 93 (4.4%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 155 (7.3%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 23 (1.1%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 388 households (18.3%) were made up of individuals and 138 (6.5%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.63. There were 1,590 families (75.0% of all households); the average family size was 2.98.
The population was spread out with 1,400 people (25.1%) under the age of 18, 296 people (5.3%) aged 18 to 24, 1,413 people (25.3%) aged 25 to 44, 1,706 people (30.6%) aged 45 to 64, and 764 people (13.7%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41.2 years. For every 100 females there were 97.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.8 males.
There were 2,597 housing units at an average density of 262.7 per square mile (101.4/km²), of which 1,687 (79.6%) were owner-occupied, and 432 (20.4%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 6.1%; the rental vacancy rate was 8.2%. 4,274 people (76.6% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 1,301 people (23.3%) lived in rental housing units.
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,777 people, 1,411 households, and 1,100 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 347.5 people per square mile (134.2/km²). There were 1,595 housing units at an average density of 146.7 per square mile (56.7/km²). The ethnic or racial makeup of the CDP was 92.82% White, 0.71% Black or African American, 1.03% Native American, 0.74% Asian, 0.19% Pacific Islander, 1.77% from other races, and 2.73% from two or more races. 6.75% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 1,411 households out of which 35.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 67.2% were married couples living together, 7.2% had a female householder with no husband present, and 22.0% were non-families. 16.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.67 and the average family size was 3.01.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 28.0% under the age of 18, 4.2% from 18 to 24, 27.5% from 25 to 44, 24.5% from 45 to 64, and 15.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 102.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.6 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $48,262, and the median income for a family was $51,763. Males had a median income of $41,278 versus $27,813 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $19,526. About 4.1% of families and 7.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.5% of those under age 18 and 4.3% of those age 65 or over.
- U.S. Census
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Hidden Valley Lake, California
- All data are derived from the United States Census Bureau reports from the 2010 United States Census, and are accessible on-line here. The data on unmarried partnerships and same-sex married couples are from the Census report DEC_10_SF1_PCT15. All other housing and population data are from Census report DEC_10_DP_DPDP1. Both reports are viewable online or downloadable in a zip file containing a comma-delimited data file. The area data, from which densities are calculated, are available on-line here. Percentage totals may not add to 100% due to rounding. The Census Bureau defines families as a household containing one or more people related to the householder by birth, opposite-sex marriage, or adoption. People living in group quarters are tabulated by the Census Bureau as neither owners nor renters. For further details, see the text files accompanying the data files containing the Census reports mentioned above.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "California's 5th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 3, 2013.
- Hidden Valley Lake Association Official Website
- Community profile
- Hidden Valley Lake California Resource Guide