||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)|
May 16, 1972 |
|Genres||Breakbeat, Electronic, Funk, Hip-Hop, Big Beat|
Hideki Naganuma (長沼 英樹 Naganuma Hideki , born May 16, 1972) is a Japanese music composer who primarily does work for video game soundtracks.
His style is one that primarily mixes Japanese techno, funk, soul, and hip-hop elements to create a unique and vivid sound. Naganuma is most famous for his original compositions used in the Dreamcast game Jet Set Radio (Jet Grind Radio in the USA). He also composed several songs for Jet Set Radio's Xbox sequel, Jet Set Radio Future. In 2004 he authored most of the music for the arcade skating game Ollie King. He was nominated to receive the Golden Joystick Award for Soundtrack Of The Year for his work on the 2005 release Sonic Rush for the Nintendo DS. 
Most recently he has composed music for the game Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz for the Wii console.  and the track "LUV CAN SAVE U" for the 20th installment of the arcade rhythm game Beatmania IIDX, produced by Konami and part of the BEMANI series.
- Hip Jog Jog (1998)
- Atsumare! Guru Guru Onsen (1999) - with Yutaka Minobe, Hideaki Kobayashi, Teruhiko Nakagawa, and Hideki Abe
- Sega Rally 2 (Dreamcast) (1999) - with Tomonori Sawada
- Samba de Amigo (1999) - "Let mom sleep"
- Jet Set Radio (2000)
- JRA PAT for Dreamcast (2000)
- Jet Set Radio Future (2002)
- J. League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! 3 (2003) - with Junko Shiratsu
- Ollie King (2004)
- Sonic Rush (2005)
- Sega Rally 2006 (2006) - "Boosted"
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (2006) - with Yuri Fukuda and Takashi Nagasaka
- Beatmania IIDX 20: Tricoro (2012) - "LUV CAN SAVE U"
- Dead Heat Riders (2013)
- Interview at RocketBaby
- Artist profile at OverClocked ReMix
- Hideki Naganuma discography at MusicBrainz