From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from High Definition)
For other uses of the abbreviation HD, see HD.
|Look up high-definition or high definition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
High-definition, sometimes abbreviated as Hi-def or HD, commonly refers to an increase in display or visual resolution over a previously used standard.
- HD DVD, discontinued optical disc format
- HD Photo, former name for the JPEG XR image file format
- HDV, format for recording high-definition video onto magnetic tape
- HiDef, 24 frames-per-second digital video format
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI), all-digital audio/video interface capable of transmitting uncompressed streams
- High-definition television (HDTV), television signals and apparatus with higher resolution than their contemporary counterparts
- High-definition video, used in HDTV broadcasting, digital film, and computer HD video file formats
- Dolby TrueHD, lossless audio compression codec
- DTS-HD Master Audio, lossless audio compression codec
- High Definition Compatible Digital, discontinued digital audio optical disc format
- High-definition audio, general marketing term for high fidelity audio products and services
- Intel High Definition Audio, 2004 Intel specification for hardware and associated drivers for Personal computer audio
- "Hi-Definition", 2008 single from Lupe Fiasco's The Cool
- High Definition (Shootyz Groove album), 1999
- High Definition (Vitalij Kurprij album), 1997
- High Definition (radio program), 2006 Canadian radio program
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.