|Studio album by Alan Jackson|
|Released||September 1, 1998|
|Alan Jackson chronology|
|Chicago Tribune||(positive) |
|Entertainment Weekly||B |
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
High Mileage is the seventh studio album by American country music artist Alan Jackson. It was released on September 1, 1998 and produced four hit singles on the Hot Country Songs charts for Jackson: "I'll Go on Loving You" (#3), "Right on the Money" (#1), "Gone Crazy" (#4) and "Little Man" (#3). Upon its release in late 1998, "I'll Go on Loving You" became the highest-debuting single of Jackson's career at the time, entering the country charts at #35.
Also included here is the track "A Woman's Love", which Jackson re-recorded in 2006 for his album Like Red on a Rose. The re-recorded version on that album was released as a single in 2007, peaking at #5 that year.
During the release of his 2000 album, When Somebody Loves You, Jackson reflected on the album on Arista's website: " I guess the last album I made -- not the cover-song album, Under the Influence, but High Mileage was a little on the dark side. [Laughs] I love that album, but some of it's a little heavy. Of course, some of my life was a little dark at that time, and that's probably why it ended up that way. I guess this one reflects a little more of what I feel today. "
- "Right on the Money" (Charlie Black, Phil Vassar) – 3:49
- "Gone Crazy" (Alan Jackson) – 3:49
- "Little Man" (Jackson) – 4:27
- "What a Day Yesterday Was" (Mel Besher, Charlie Craig) - 3:47
- "Hurtin' Comes Easy" (Jackson) - 3:01
- "I'll Go On Loving You" (Kieran Kane) - 3:57
- "Another Good Reason" (Harley Allen, Carson Chamberlain) - 4:26
- "A Woman's Love" (Jackson) - 3:53
- "Dancin' All Around It" (Chamberlain, Brian Tabor, Michael White) - 2:56
- "Amarillo" (Jackson) - 4:11
High Mileage peaked at #4 on the U.S. Billboard 200, and peaked at #1 on the Top Country Albums selling 97,000 copies, his fourth #1 Country album. In October 1998, High Mileage was certified platinum by the RIAA.
Sales and certifications
- High Mileage at AllMusic
- Chicago Tribune review
- Entertainment Weekly review
- Album reviews at CD Universe
- Brackett, Nathan; Christian Hoard (2004). The Rolling Stone Album Guide. New York City, New York: Simon and Schuster. p. 409. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.
- Pond, Neil (11 1998). "That Healing Feeling: Country America goes to the heart of the matter with a reserved but rejuvenated Alan Jackson". Country America 10 (1): 52–57.
- Anon (2000). "Biography: When Somebody Loves You" aristanashville.com. Retrieved September 17, 2009
- 38:16 (1998-09-19). "High Mileage - Alan Jackson". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Gold & Platinum - February 12, 2010". RIAA. Retrieved 2010-02-12.
Come On Over
by Shania Twain
|Top Country Albums number-one album
September 19 - October 2, 1998
Come On Over
by Shania Twain
|RPM Country Albums number-one album
October 19 - November 1, 1998