|Motto||Anything is possible|
|Deputy Headteacher||Ivan Wright|
|Deputy Headteacher||Matthew Grantham|
|Chair Of Governors||T Taylor|
|Local authority||Reading Borough Council|
|DfE URN||136307 Tables|
|Colours||Black & red & white ‹See Tfm› ‹See Tfm› ‹See Tfm›|
Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre is an academy in Emmer Green on the outskirts of Reading, Berkshire, England. It has a capacity for approximately 1450 students aged 11–18. There are currently 1342 students on roll at the school with 262 students attending the Sixth Form. Highdown School is a specialist school for maths and computing.
Highdown School was established as a comprehensive school in September 1971. Highdown School has three Grade II listed buildings within its grounds. The main building was altered and extended by Richard Norman Shaw from 1878–80.
On 1 November 2010, Highdown School became an independently run academy after being judged outstanding by Ofsted. It was the first school in Berkshire to be awarded academy status. During May 2013 Highdown School was judged as "Requiring Improvement" by Ofsted.
On 7 December 2012, the school’s governing body announced that Rachel Cave, formerly a Deputy Headteacher at The Heathland School in Hounslow, would take over the school from Easter 2013, replacing Tim Royale, Headteacher of 14 years.
- "DfE : Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre". Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "School Information". Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- "Highdown School, Reading". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Music Room at Highdown School, Emmer Green, Reading, Reading". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "The Stable Block at Highdown School, Emmer Green, Reading". British Listed Buildings. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
- "Academy Status". Highdown School and Sixth Form Centre. Retrieved 2 May 2011.
- "Reading's Highdown School given academy status". BBC News. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Highdown School 'requires improvement' say Ofsted". Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "New Highdown head "excited" to be taking over school 7 Dec 2012 00:00". Retrieved 20 December 2013.
|This Berkshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|