Highland Park, Florida
|Highland Park, Florida|
Location in Polk County and the state of Florida
|• Total||0.7 sq mi (1.9 km2)|
|• Land||0.4 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||131 ft (40 m)|
|• Density||348.6/sq mi (128.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0284008|
Highland Park is a village in Polk County, Florida, United States. The population was 244 at the 2000 census. As of 2004, the population recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau is 258 . It is part of the Lakeland–Winter Haven Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Geography and climate
Highland Park is located at .(27.865327, -81.565873)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.7 square miles (1.8 km2). 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2) of it is land and 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2) of it (37.50%) is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 244 people, 112 households, and 73 families residing in the village. The population density was 544.2 inhabitants per square mile (209.4/km²). There were 174 housing units at an average density of 388.1 per square mile (149.3/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 94.26% White, 0.82% African American, 3.69% Asian, and 1.23% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.82% of the population.
There were 112 households out of which 18.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 62.5% were married couples living together, 0.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 34.8% were non-families. 31.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 19.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.18 and the average family size was 2.70.
In the village the population was spread out with 16.8% under the age of 18, 6.1% from 18 to 24, 18.4% from 25 to 44, 26.2% from 45 to 64, and 32.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 51 years. For every 100 females there were 90.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 84.5 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $41,875, and the median income for a family was $56,667. Males had a median income of $43,333 versus $18,750 for females. The per capita income for the village was $30,097. None of the families and 3.9% of the population were living below the poverty line.
- State Road 17 - The Scenic Highway two miles west of the village, leading northward to Lake Wales and southward to Hillcrest Heights and Frostproof.
- US 27 - A four-lane divided highway four miles west.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "World Map of the Köppen-Geiger climate classification updated". University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna. 2008-11-06. Retrieved 2010-09-10.