Highland Park Independent School District
|Highland Park Independent School District|
|Type and location|
|Region||Dallas–Fort Worth metroplex, Texas|
|Location||7015 Westchester Dr Dallas, TX 75205-1061|
|NCES District ID||4823250|
|Students and staff|
|Student-teacher ratio||15.66 |
HPISD serves most of the town of Highland Park, all of the city of University Park, and portions of Dallas. HPISD administers seven schools. It is consistently ranked among the top school districts in Texas.[who?]
The Highland Park Independent School District first opened its doors in October of 1914 with John S. Armstrong School, a four-room building on Cornell Avenue. Since then, the district has grown to comprise seven campuses: four elementary schools, one intermediate school, one middle school and one high school. The district has an enrollment of approximately 7,000 students and employs 750 people, including more than 430 teachers.
From 1914-2014, HPISD has been led by seven superintendents. Dr. Dawson Orr officially became the seventh and current superintendent for Highland Park Independent School District on December 1, 2009. He replaced Dr. Cathy Bryce, who retired after eight years with the district. Dr. Orr has previously been superintendent in Wichita Falls, Texas, and Pampa, Texas. He also was president of the Texas Association of School Administrators. Orr has been given two prestigious awards, including Superintendent of the Year in 2008 by Communities in Schools and the Key Communicator of the Year award in 2005 by the Texas School Public Relations Association.
1 in University Park
- Highland Park High School (University Park)
1 in Highland Park
- Highland Park Middle School (Highland Park)
1 in Highland Park
- Arch H. McCulloch Intermediate School (Highland Park)
2 in Highland Park, 2 in University Park
- John S. Armstrong Elementary School (Highland Park)
- John S. Bradfield Elementary School (Highland Park)
- Robert S. Hyer Elementary School (University Park)
- University Park Elementary School (University Park)
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Highland Park Independent School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Highland Park Isd". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "HPISD Boundary Map." Highland Park Independent School District. Accessed October 12, 2008.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF)
- Microsoft Word - list-2003.doc
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Highland Park Independent School District.|