Highland Township, Franklin County, Indiana
Location of Highland Township in Franklin County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||30.5 sq mi (79 km2)|
|• Land||30.33 sq mi (78.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.18 sq mi (0.5 km2)|
|Elevation||958 ft (292 m)|
|• Density||46.6/sq mi (18.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453412|
Highland Township was established in 1821.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 30.5 square miles (79 km2), of which 30.33 square miles (78.6 km2) (or 99.44%) is land and 0.18 square miles (0.47 km2) (or 0.59%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Brookville Township (north)
- Whitewater Township (east)
- Kelso Township, Dearborn County (southeast)
- Logan Township, Dearborn County (southeast)
- Adams Township, Ripley County (southwest)
- Jackson Township, Dearborn County (southwest)
- Butler Township (west)
The township contains one cemetery, South Gate.
- "Highland Township, Franklin County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 148.
|This Franklin County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|