Highlander: The Last of the MacLeods
|Highlander: The Last of the MacLeods|
|Developer(s)||Lore Design Limited|
|Release date(s)||October 30, 1995|
Highlander: The Last of the Macleods is a video game developed by Lore Design Limited and published by Atari for the Atari Jaguar CD-ROM home console system. It was released on October 30, 1995. The video game is based on Highlander: The Animated Series and was given the now defunct "Kids To Adults" (6+) rating by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board.
The player controls Quentin MacLeod, the young Immortal on a quest to defeat the evil Kortan who has murdered his mother and kidnapped the people of his village. The gameplay is similar to that of Alone in the Dark or Resident Evil in that the player character moves through a world of pre-rendered 3D environments (viewed from many fixed camera angles), battles monsters, collects items, and solves puzzles. The game used motion capture in the character animation. The game features clips from the Highlander animated series to move the storyline along.
The game used the same Toronto based voice actors from the animated series the game was based on:
- Miklos Perlos as Quentin MacLeod
- Ben Campbell as Ramirez
- Lawrence Bayne as Kortan
- Katie Zegers as Clyde
- Don Dickinson as Arak
- Lorne Kennedy as Malone
- Graham Halley as Mangus
- Wayne Robson as Esklepios
- Tracy Moore as Quentin's Mother
- Cal Dodd as Mangus' Aid
- Harvey Aitkin as Hunters
- Director: Stephen Mitchell
- Producer: Ted Tahquechi
- Designers: Jeffrey Gatrall, David Bottomley, Stephen Wadsworth
- 3D Engine: Andrew Harris, Magenta Software Ltd
- Character Model Artist: Paul Johnson, Magenta Software Ltd
- Project Manager: Andree Rickard
- Project Coordinator: Mark A C Green
- Lead Programmer: Andrew Harris, Magenta Software Ltd
- Jaguar Programmers: Robert C Dibley, Jakes Mo
- Tools Programmers: Matthew Jesson, Chris Lowe
- Artists: Dave Worton, Stephen Wadsworth, Kev Connolly, Paul Charisse, David J Harper
- Motion Analysis: Carl Swanick, Mark A C Green
- Cinepak: David Bottomley, Jakes Mo, Dave Worton, Kev Connolly, Paul Charisse
- "Atari Explorer Online Vol 04 Iss 09 / Jan 1, 96". January 1, 1996. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "Players fulfill their destiny as The Highlander; Atari Corp. releases second CD title in one week for Jaguar CD.". Business Wire. October 30, 1995. Retrieved 2011-05-17.
- "Jaguar Explorer Vol #1 Issue #2". January 20, 1998. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "Atari Jaguar Review (18) Highlander: The Last of the Macleods". February 27, 2010. Retrieved 2012-12-01.