From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up highlight or hilite in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Highlight (and highlights, highlighting, hilite, etc.) may refer to:
Arts & Media
- In art (including photography, painting, drawing, and digital compositions), any of the brightest parts of a subject, in contrast to shadow
- An especially significant or interesting detail or occurrence of something larger (e.g. highlights of a football game or the highlight of a dramatic role)
- Specular highlight, a spot of light that appears on shiny objects when illuminated by a direct light source
- Hair highlighting, lightening and/or coloring part of someone's hair
- To use a highlighter, a marker pen that adds translucent color to paper, to emphasize particular parts of the text
- Highlights for Children a.k.a. Highlights: Fun with a Purpose, a US-published children's magazine
- In computing, to select on-screen information as for a cut, copy and paste
- Highlights, a public page on the Russian social networking site VKontakte
- Highlight (application), a social networking application
- Syntax highlighting, display of text in different colors and/or fonts, depending upon its meaning in context (e.g. different parts of speech in a sentence, or function vs. variables names in computer source code)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Highlight.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.