Arkansas Highway 22
|Maintained by AHTD|
|Length:||75.60 mi (121.67 km)|
|Existed:||1926 – present|
|West end:||US 64 / US 71B|
| I-540 / US 71
Hwy. 23 – Caulksville
|East end:||Hwy. 7 – Dardanelle|
|Counties:||Sebastian, Franklin, Logan, Yell|
The route begins in Fort Smith at US 64/US 71 BUS. It runs east, crossing I-540/US 71. AR 22 concurs with AR 255 through Fort Chaffee and intersects AR 96 east of the installation. The route next enters Charleston where it meets AR 217 before crossing AR 41 in Branch. County Line High School is located on this highway near Branch.
Caulksville brings a junction with AR 23, and meetings with AR 109, AR 288, and AR 309 occur in Paris. AR 22/AR 109/AR 288 run together until Subiaco, when the route loses AR 288 but crosses AR 197. AR 22 eventually loses AR 109 at Midway, running alone to Dardanelle. The route terminates at AR 7 after a very brief concurrency with AR 155.
The road itself is fairly straight and in reasonably good repair. Passing can be safely accomplished in several stretches of Highway 22 despite a lack of constructed passing areas.
- "[Arkansas] State Highways 2009 (Database)." April 2010. AHTD: Planning and Research Division. Database. Retrieved April 19, 2011.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. AHTD Sebastian County map Retrieved on 2009-10-05.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. AHTD Franklin County map Retrieved on 2009-10-05.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. AHTD Logan County map Retrieved on 2009-10-05.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. AHTD Yell County map Retrieved on 2009-10-05.