Arkansas Highway 77
|Maintained by AHTD|
|Length:||66.70 mi (107.34 km)|
|Existed:||1926 – present|
|South end:||US 70, West Memphis|
| I-40/I-55/US 61/US 64/US 65/US 79, West Memphis
US 61, Turrell
Future I-555 / US 63, Gilmore
|North end:||Route 108, Missouri state line|
Highway 77 (AR 77, Ark. 77, and Hwy. 77) is a north–south[a 1] state highway in East Arkansas. The route of 66.70 miles (107.34 km) runs from US 70 in West Memphis north along Interstate 55 to the Missouri state line.
AR 77 begins at US 70 in West Memphis and runs north to cross I-40/I-55/US 61/US 64/US 65/US 79. The route continues north as a former alignment of US 63 until Turrell. AR 77 also meets AR 42 in Turrell before meeting I-55/US 61/US 63 as well as Interstate 555 at a very large intersection north of town. US 61 becomes a frontage road with I-55, while AR 77 follows Future I-555/US 63 north to Gilmore. The route then turns south and runs as a frontage road along I-555/US 63, curving along I-55 and eventually facing north toward Mississippi County.
The highway becomes a minor route, passing through rural Crittenden and Mississippi Counties. AR 308 briefly concurs with AR 77 in southern Mississippi County. AR 77 also crosses AR 118, AR 14/AR 297, and AR 140 south of Etowah.
AR 77 continues north to a short concurrency with AR 158 before entering Manila. AR 77 meets AR 18 before exiting Manila northbound. AR 119 concurs with AR 77 west to Leachville, after which AR 77 trails north to terminate at Route 108.
Between Turrell and West Memphis, Highway 77 runs on the former alignment of US 61. The route was extended along the former US 61 segment on August 22, 1956.
Mile markers reset at concurrencies.
|Crittenden||West Memphis||0.00||0.00||US 70 (Broadway Avenue)||Southern terminus|
|1.08||1.74||To I-40 / I-55 / US 61 / US 64||Frontage road access only|
|2.12||3.41||Hwy. 191 east (7th Street)|
|Marion||5.10||8.21||To US 64 east (Military Rd)[a 2]|
|Clarkedale||12.00||19.31||Hwy. 50 west (Clarkedale Road)|
|17.90||28.81||US 61 north|
|US 61 concurrency north, 0.3 miles (0.48 km)|
|Gilmore||I-55 turns north, Future I-555 / US 63 concurrency north, 1.4 miles (2.3 km)|
|0.00||0.00||Future I-555 / US 63 south|
|Mississippi||Dimple||7.27||11.70||Hwy. 308 west|
|Denwood||8.17||13.15||Hwy. 308 east|
|19.80||31.87||Hwy. 198 west|
|23.33||37.55||Hwy. 297 west|
|24.33||39.16||Hwy. 140 west[a 3]|
|Hwy. 140 concurrency east, 3.0 miles (4.8 km)|
|Athelstan||0.00||0.00||Hwy. 140 east|
|Etowah||2.09||3.36||Hwy. 136 west|
|3.99||6.42||Hwy. 158 east|
|Floodway||5.50||8.85||Hwy. 158 west|
|Manila||12.02||19.34||To Hwy. 18 (Fleeman Street)|
|12.21||19.65||Hwy. 18 east|
|Hwy. 18 concurrency north, 0.5 miles (0.80 km)|
|0.00||0.00||Hwy. 18 west|
|0.33||0.53||Hwy. 18B east|
|Poplar Corner||3.32||5.34||Hwy. 119 north|
|Leachville||7.99||12.86||Hwy. 119 south|
|Arkmo||12.26||19.73||Route 108||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Although highways in the United States run from south to north and west to east, the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department lists Highway 77 beginning at the Mississippi County line and running south to West Memphis.
- Military Road west of Highway 77 is US 64, even though the route also concurs with I-55/US 63/US 61 west of the intersection. This is a leftover alignment prior to building I-55.
- Although Arkansas highways normally terminate when intersected by a route of greater importance, Highway 77 in Mississippi County ends when intersecting Highway 140 near Athelstan.
- Planning and Research Division (2010). "Arkansas Road Log Database" (Database). Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Archived from the original on 23 June 2011. Retrieved June 9, 2011.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. General Highway Map (Map) (Mississippi County ed.). http://www.arkansashighways.com/maps/Counties/County%20PDFs/MississippiCounty.pdf. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. General Highway Map (Map) (Crittenden County ed.). http://www.arkansashighways.com/maps/Counties/County%20PDFs/CrittendenCounty.pdf. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- "Minutes of the Meeting" (PDF). Arkansas State Highway Commission. August 22, 1956. p. 1919. Retrieved January 16, 2013.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Route and Section Map (Map) (Crittenden County ed.). http://www.arkansashighways.com/Maps/Counties/County%20RAS/RAS%20Maps%20PDF/mcrit_ras.pdf. Retrieved June 22, 2011.
- Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. Route and Section Map (Map) (Mississippi County ed.). http://www.arkansashighways.com/Maps/Counties/County%20RAS/RAS%20Maps%20PDF/mmiss2_ras.pdf. Retrieved June 22, 2011.