Highway Thru Hell
|Highway Thru Hell|
|Created by||Great Pacific Television|
|Starring||Jamie Davis HR 150
Kevin Richie R120
Brandon Kodallas IR104
Colin McLean HR68
Hendrik Van Der Walt
|Narrated by||David Pettitt|
|Country of origin||Canadas|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||27+|
|Location(s)||Hope, British Columbia, Canada
Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Edson, Alberta, Canada
Lac La Biche, Alberta, Canada
|Running time||43–44 minutes|
|Original channel||Discovery Channel Canada (September 2012-present)
Discovery Channel (Spring 2013-October 2013)
The Weather Channel (October 2013-present)
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
Highway Thru Hell is a reality TV show that follows the operations of Jamie Davis Motor Truck, a heavy vehicle rescue and recovery towing company based in Hope, British Columbia. The show focuses on the hardships of operating along the highways of the BC Interior, especially the Coquihalla Highway (Coq), and highways in Northern Alberta, around Fort McMurray, which is notorious for rapidly changing weather and big wrecks.
The show debuted on Discovery Channel (Canada) on Tuesday 4 September 2012 in Canada. Steep hills, lethal drop-offs, killer rockslides, and the worst weather in a decade captivated audiences, with Highway Thru Hell ranking as the #1 series premiere in Discovery Channel Canada's history. Its second season, premiered on September 3, 2013, and featured 13 episodes as well as four reloaded episodes with new content, factoids and viewer tweets.
The first season aired on National Geographic Channel in the United States and Norway in spring 2013. The Weather Channel began airing the show in October 2013. The first two seasons have been shown on National Geographic Channel (UK and Ireland).
Highway Thru Hell has been renewed for a 4th season, with filming in production from 2014 to 2015 in all BC and Alberta locations.
|Season||Episodes||Season Premiere||Season Finale|
|1||8||September 4, 2012||October 23, 2012|
|2||13||September 3, 2013||November 19, 2013|
|3||13||September 2, 2014||November 25, 2014|
- Alex Strachan (September 7, 2013). "TV weekend: Boardwalk Empire back for Season 4; Highway Thru Hell storms in with Season 2 (with video)". O Canada. Canada.com. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- John Doyle (Sep 4, 2012). "Highway Thru Hell: tough, but Canadian-style tough". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Global Showbiz Briefs: Nat Geo Channel Picks Up ‘Highway Thru Hell’, Al Clark Honored, Jackie Chan, Berlin Film Festival". Deadline Hollywood. November 20, 2012. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Edmonton Journal (November 9, 2013). "Highway Thru Hell takes a spin on Highway 63". University of Alberta. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- Highway Thru Hell, at Discovery.ca
- Highway Thru Hell, on Twitter
- Highway Thru Hell, Episode list at Discovery.ca
- Official website: http://highwaythruhell.com/
- Jamie Davis Motor Truck website: http://www.jamiedavistowing.com/
- Great Pacific Television, Highway Thru Hell (production website)
- Discovery Channel Canada, Highway Thru Hell (original network website)
- National Geographic Channel, Highway Thru Hell
- National Geographic Channel (UK and Ireland), Highway Thru Hell
- The Weather Channel (USA), Highway Thru Hell
- Highway Thru Hell at the Internet Movie Database