Hikkim, Himachal Pradesh
|District||Lahaul and Spiti|
|Elevation||4,572 m (15,000 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Hikkim is a village in Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal pradesh state in northern India. It is near to the Kaza location. It is one of the highest locations in India. Most of the people are Buddhists. The region remains cut-off from other regions for half the year due to heavy snow fall over the passes.  People use stones extensively to build houses and structures. Tangyud gompa Monastery is located near to this location. 
- "World's highest polling centre' in India readies for vote". BBC News (India). 2 November 2012.
- "Monastries". Lahaul & Spiti district, Himachal pradesh government. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "Now that's a political summit: World's highest polling centre 15,500ft up the Himalayas prepares for voting". Daily Mail (U.K). 3 November 2012.
- "Highest polling station". Limca book of records. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- "The world's highest post office!". Rediff News (India). 20 September 2007.
- "Hikkim village". Wanderlust magazine. Retrieved 30 May 2013.