|Type||Public company (LSE: HIK)|
|Key people||Samih Darwazah Chairman
Said Darwazah CEO
|Revenue||US$1,365 million (2013)|
|Operating income||US$413 million (2013)|
|Net income||US$216 million (2013)|
|Employees||circa 6,000 (2012)|
Hikma Pharmaceuticals is a multinational pharmaceutical company based in London, that manufactures branded and non-branded generic and in-licensed pharmaceutical products. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2005 and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. It was founded in Jordan in 1978 by Samih Darwazah.
The Company was founded by Samih Darwazah in 1978 in Amman in Jordan. In August 1996 it became the first Arab company to export pharmaceutical products to the United States. It was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2005. Recent acquisitions include Instituto Biochimico Pavese Pharma in Italy in 2005 and Jazeera Pharmaceutical Industries in Saudi Arabia in 2006. In 2007 the Company went on to buy APM in Jordan, Alkan Pharma in Egypt,APM and Al Jazeera Pharma in Saudi Arabia Thymoorgan in Germany and Ribosepharm in Germany. It also acquired Multi-Source Injectables in the USA in October 2010. In May 2011 Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC complete the acquisition of Baxter Healthcare Corporation's US generic injectables business (Multi-Source Injectables or MSI).
The Company's production facilities are located in the following countries:
- USA (FDA approved)
- Portugal (FDA approved)
- Jordan (FDA & MHRA approved)
- Saudi Arabia (FDA approved)
- Germany (FDA approved)
- Preliminary Results 2013
- Hikma History
- Economy – Sectoral Analysis
- Hikma Annual Report 2006 Page 62
- Hikma Annual Report 2007 Page 15
- Hikma Pharma to buy Multi-Source Injectables business of Baxter Healthcare
- "Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc Completes Acquisition of Baxter Healthcare Corporation's Multi-Source Injectables Business". Reuters. Retrieved 3 May 2011.
- "History". Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC.
- Hikma Receives Transparency in Governance Award 2011