Hilbert Wildlife Management Area
|Hilbert Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
The Ruffed Grouse (Bonasa umbellus) may be found in the Hilbert WMA
|Elevation||850 ft (259.1 m) |
|Area||289 acres (117 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Sod, West Virginia|
Hilbert Wildlife Management Area is located in Lincoln County near Sod, West Virginia, less than forty-five minutes drive south of Charleston, the state capital. Located on 289 acres (117 ha), the WMA land is steep and heavily covered with second growth hickory-oak hardwood forest.
From Charleston, follow U.S. Route 119/WV Route 214 to Alum Creek, then follow WV Route 214 west through Sod to Joes Creek Road. Follow Joes Creek Road north to the Hilbert WMA.
Camping is not permitted in the WMA.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Hilbert WMA, retrieved October, 2008
- "Hilbert WMA page". WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2008-10-23.
- West Virginia DNR District 5 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations