|Labels||Universal Music Japan|
|Associated acts||Boxer, Sunsqritt|
|Members||Toc, DJ Katsu|
Hilcrhyme (ヒルクライム Hirukuraimu ) is a Japanese two member hip-hop group. They are best known for their 2009 hit song "Shunkashūtō," which has been certified for 1,000,000 cellphone digital downloads and 1,000,000 ringtone downloads separately. The group was named the New Artist of the Year at the 24th Japan Gold Disc Awards.
Hilcrhyme first met when Toc performed at a regular music event called Nettaiya, organised by DJ Katsu. After the event finished in 2005, the pair focused working together as a duo, mostly centering their activities around Niigata.
The pair's first official release together came in March 2007, when they released Nettaiya, a demo album. In July 2008, the group released their debut single, "Mō Byebye," independently through Nao Plan management. Hilcrhyme debuted as a major label artist a later, under Universal.
The group's second major label single, "Shunkashūtō," became a massive digital hit in Japan and brought the group to fame. It has currently sold more than 1,000,000 cellphone digital downloads, 1,000,000 ringtone downloads and 100,000 PC downloads. Since then, the band's next single (a re-release of "Mō Byebye") and their debut single, "Jun'ya to Manami," have been certified for being downloaded more than 100,000 times as a cellphone download.
|2007||Nettaiya (熱帯夜 Tropical Night )
|2010||Recital (リサイタル Risaitaru )||2||202,000|
|Oricon Singles Charts
|Billboard Japan Hot 100
|RIAJ digital tracks
|2008||"Mō Bye Bye" (もうバイバイ Bye Bye Once More )||Independent release.||80||—||—||1,800||Recital|
|2009||"Jun'ya to Manami" (純也と真菜実 Junya and Manami )||24||53||38||8,000|
|"Shunkashūtō" (春夏秋冬 Four Seasons )||6||2||1||138,000|
|"Mō Bye Bye" (もうバイバイ Bye Bye Once More )||Major label re-release.||18||21||3||14,000|
|2010||"Daijōbu" (大丈夫 Alright )||6||6||1||35,000||MESSAGE|
|"Loose Leaf" (ルーズリーフ Rūzu Rīfu )||7||9||1||35,000|
|2011||"Okubyo na Ookami" (臆病な狼 Cowardly Wolf )||RISING|
|"Personal COLOR" (パーソナルCOLOR Paasonaru COLOR )|
- "レコード協会調べ 12月度有料音楽配信認定 ＜略称：12月度認定＞". RIAJ (in Japanese). 2010-01. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- "レコード協会調べ 2月度有料音楽配信認定 ＜略称：2月度認定＞". RIAJ (in Japanese). 2010-03. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- "THE JAPAN GOLD DISC AWARD 2010" (in Japanese). RIAJ. February 24, 2010. Retrieved February 24, 2010.
- "レコード協会調べ 3月度有料音楽配信認定 ＜略称：3月度認定＞". RIAJ (in Japanese). 2010-04. Retrieved 2010-04-23.
- "ヒルクライム、新曲が初のドラマ主題歌に決定". Oricon (in Japanese). 2010-04-13. Retrieved 2010-05-08.
- "オリコンランキング情報サービス「you大樹」". Oricon. Retrieved 2010-04-26. (subscription only)
- "Hot 100｜JAPAN Charts｜Billboard JAPAN" (in Japanese). Billboard.
- "有料音楽配信チャート" (in Japanese). RIAJ.
|This article about a Japanese musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|