Hilda Gordon-Lennox, Duchess of Richmond
|Hilda Madeline Brassey|
|Duchess of Richmond|
|Spouse(s)||Charles Henry Gordon-Lennox, 8th Duke of Richmond|
IssueLady Amy Gwendoline Gordon-Lennox
Lady Doris Hilda Gordon-Lennox
Charles Henry Gordon-Lennox, Lord Settrington
Frederick Gordon-Lennox, 9th Duke of Richmond
|Mother||Anna Harriet Stevenson|
|Born||16 June 1872|
|Died||29 December 1971(aged 99)|
Hilda Madeline Gordon-Lennox, Duchess of Richmond, DBE, JP (née Brassey; 16 June 1872 – 29 December 1971) was the daughter of Henry Brassey and Anna Harriet Stevenson (died 15 July 1898), and granddaughter of the railway pioneer Thomas Brassey.
In 1927, she became the first chairman of the National Gardens Scheme. She held the office of Justice of the Peace (JP) for Sussex and, later, Morayshire. She was invested as a CBE, and, later, as DBE in 1946.
She died in 1971, aged 99.
On 8 June 1893 Hilda Madeline Brassey married Charles Henry Gordon-Lennox, the 8th Duke of Richmond (born 30 December 1870 — died 7 May 1935); they had the following children:
- Lady Amy Gwendoline Gordon-Lennox (born 5 May 1894 — died 1975)
- Hon. Charles Henry Gordon-Lennox (born 15 August 1895 — died 5 September 1895)
- Lady Doris Hilda Gordon-Lennox (born 6 September 1896 — died circa 8 February 1980)
- Charles Henry Gordon-Lennox, Lord Settrington (born 26 January 1899 — died 24 August 1919)
- Frederick Charles Gordon-Lennox, 9th Duke of Richmond, 9th Duke of Lennox, 9th Duke of Gordon (born 5 February 1904 — died 2 November 1989)
- "Lady Heald obituary". The Daily Telegraph. 31 August 2004. Retrieved 8 February 2014.
- Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 489.