Hildur Ingveldardóttir Guðnadóttir (born 4 September 1982) is a classically trained Icelandic cellist who has played and recorded with the bands Pan Sonic, Throbbing Gristle and Múm, as well as her solo project Lost in Hildurness. She has also toured with Animal Collective.
In 2007 she released a solo album, Mount A, on which she attempted to "involve other people as little as I could." It was recorded in New York and Hólar in the north of Iceland. 2009 saw the release of her second solo album, Without Sinking on the UK-based audio-visual label, Touch.
As well as the cello, Hildur also sings and arranges choral music, once arranging a choir for performances by Throbbing Gristle in Austria and London. As a composer she has written a score for the play Sumardagur ("Summer Day") performed at Iceland's National Theatre. She has also written the score for the Danish film Kapringen (A Hijacking).
- Mount A (as Lost in Hildurness) (12 Tónar 2006)
- Second Childhood (Quecksilber 2007)
- Without Sinking (Touch 2009), with a vinyl version with extra tracks in 2011
- Mount A (as Hildur Guðnadóttir) (Touch 2010)
- Leyfðu Ljósinu (Touch, 2012), with a multi-channel version on USB
- Saman (Touch, 2014), with a vinyl version
- Rúnk - Ghengi Dahls (Flottur kúltúr og gott músik) 2001
- Mr. Schmucks Farm - Good Sound (Oral 2005)
- Stórsveit Nix Noltes - Orkídeur Hawai (12 Tónar/Bubblecore 2005)
- Angel and Hildur Guðnadóttir - In Transmediale (Oral 2006)
- Hildur Guðnadóttir with Jóhann Jóhannsson - Tu Non Mi Perderai Mai (Touch 2006)
- Nico Muhly - Speaks volumes (Bedroom Community 2006)
- Valgeir Sigurðsson - Equilibrium Is Restored (Bedroom Community 2007)
- Ben Frost - Theory of Machines (Bedroom Community 2006)
- Skúli Sverrisson - Sería (12 Tónar 2006)
- Pan Sonic - Katodivaihe/Cathodephase (Blast First Petite 2007)
- Múm - Go Go Smear the Poison Ivy (Fat Cat 2007)
- Hildur Guðnadóttir, BJ Nilsen and Stilluppsteypa - Second Childhood (Quecksilber 2007)
- The Knife - Tomorrow, In a Year (2010)
- Wildbirds & Peacedrums - Rivers (The Leaf Label 2010)
- Sōtaisei Riron + Keiichirō Shibuya - Blue (Strings Edit) feat. Hildur Guðnadóttir (Commmons 2010)
- Stubbs, D. "Against the Grain" in The Wire 283 (September 2007), p.12
- As stated in
- 相対性理論+渋谷慶一郎コラボ曲の高音質音源を先行配信. natalie.mu (in Japanese). 1 December 2009. Retrieved 5 January 2012.