Hili (community development block)
|Hili (CD Block)
হিলি সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||88.10 km2 (34.02 sq mi)|
|• Density||880/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
Hili (community development block) is an administrative division in Balurghat subdivision of Dakshin Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Hili police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Hili.
There is a small river named Jamuna in the Hili block.
As per 2001 census, Hili block has a total population of 77,246, out of which 39,532 were males and 37714 were females. Hili block registered a population growth of 24.98 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.11 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
Extension of the Eklakhi-Balurghat Branch Line to Hili was announced in the Rail Budget for 2010-11.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Dakshin Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Dakshin Dinajpur district (05). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Dakshin Dinajpur". Rivers. District administration. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 4". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Hili Rail Station". Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Railway projects galore for Bengal". The Hindu Business Line, 26 February 2010. Retrieved 2011-12-10.