Hill Country Village, Texas
|Hill Country Village, Texas|
|• Total||2.2 sq mi (5.6 km2)|
|• Land||2.2 sq mi (5.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||945 ft (288 m)|
|• Density||471.5/sq mi (182.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1337777|
Hill Country Village is a city in Bexar County, Texas, United States. The population was 985 at the 2010 census. It is an enclave of San Antonio and is part of the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area. The town is also the most affluent community in the San Antonio metropolitan area.
Hill Country Village is located at . This is about 10 miles (16 km) north of Downtown San Antonio.(29.581627, -98.485820)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.2 square miles (5.7 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,028 people, 340 households, and 294 families residing in the city. The population density was 471.5 people per square mile (182.1/km²). There were 349 housing units at an average density of 160.1 per square mile (61.8/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 94.36% White, 1.07% African American, 0.58% Native American, 1.17% Asian, 1.36% from other races, and 1.46% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 15.86% of the population.
There were 340 households out of which 39.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 79.1% were married couples living together, 4.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 13.5% were non-families. 11.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.02 and the average family size was 3.27.
In the city the population was spread out with 28.2% under the age of 18, 5.0% from 18 to 24, 17.6% from 25 to 44, 36.6% from 45 to 64, and 12.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45 years. For every 100 females there were 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.3 males.
The median income for a household in the city was $130,897, and the median income for a family was $147,176. Males had a median income of $100,000 versus $40,750 for females. The per capita income for the city was $77,374. About 3.2% of families and 5.1% of the population were below the poverty line, including 9.0% of those under age 18 and 1.4% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Zoning Map." City of Hill Country Village. Retrieved on March 24, 2010.
- "Hidden Forest Elementary School" Map. North East Independent School District. Retrieved on March 24, 2010.
- "Bradley Middle School" Map. North East Independent School District. Retrieved on March 24, 2010.
- "Churchill High School" Map. North East Independent School District. Retrieved on March 24, 2010.
- "FY 2002-03 Adopted Budget." City of Hill Country Village. 36 (37/189). Retrieved on March 25, 2010.