Hill State People's Democratic Party
Shri Hoping Stone Lyngdoh is the president of the Hill State People's Democratic Party (HSPDP), one of three official political parties of the state of Meghalaya in India.He is the oldest serving Representative member in Meghalaya and has never been defeated in Legislative Assembly Election.In the initial period the party as a whole has champion the cause of the people which was rightly deserved by proposing a new statehood which dream come to reality on 1970(semi-autonomous status). Then automatically Meghalaya was formed by carving out two districts from the state of Assam: the United Khasi Hills and Jaintia Hills, and the Garo Hills on 21 January 1972 after a fierce long struggle. People refer him as "Ma-Hoping" out of love and respect. Now he is the current MLA of Nongstoin Constituency.The Party as a whole won 4 seat in legislative Assembly as on 2012.
Portfolio of HSPDP
- President- Hopingstone Lyngdoh(Current MLA Nongstoin)
- Vice-President-Ardent Basaiawmoit(Current MLA Nongkrem)
- Secretary- Embin (Current MDC Mawkyrwat)
- Spokesperson- Goldenstar Nonglong( Former Defence Scientist DRDO,IIM Kozhikode and B-Tech Electronic Nagpur)
Objective of the Party
- The very purpose is to defend the "law of the land of the Khasi-Jaintia " and to fight against any injustice committed against the people.
- To stop,prevent infiltration by Foreigners especially Bangladeshi citizen.
- To develope a sense of pride among Khasi-Jaintia people and to promote harmony.