This article is about the town in the district of Roth. For the town in the district of Forchheim, see Hiltpoltstein
Former residence and Saint John the Baptist church
Hilpoltstein is a town in the district of Roth, in Bavaria, Germany. It is situated 10 km southeast of Roth bei Nürnberg and 30 km south of Nuremberg.
- Origins of the castle and the town date back to the 10th century.
- Town privileges were granted in 1354.
- 1799 Hilpoltstein becomes part of Bavaria
- Rathaus (Town Hall)
- Remains of The Town Wall
- Stadtpfarrkirche (Town's Parish Church)
- Jahrsdorfer House (Oldest House)