Armstrong during his tenure with the Washington Wizards
|Position||Center / Power forward|
|League||Turkish Basketball League
November 23, 1984 |
Peekskill, New York
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||235 lb (107 kg)|
|High school||Peekskill (Peekskill, New York)|
|NBA draft||2006 / Round: 1 / Pick: 12th overall|
|Selected by the New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets|
|2006–2010||New Orleans Hornets|
|2011–2012||ASVEL Basket (France)|
|2013||Santa Cruz Warriors (D-League)|
|2013||Changan Group Guangdong (China)|
|2013||Santa Cruz Warriors (D-League)|
|2013||Golden State Warriors|
|2014||Santa Cruz Warriors (D-League)|
|2014||Golden State Warriors|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Hilton Julius Armstrong, Jr. (born November 23, 1984) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for Beşiktaş of the Turkish Basketball League (TBL). During his college basketball career, he played as a forward and center for the University of Connecticut Huskies. He formerly played for the New Orleans Hornets, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets, Washington Wizards, Atlanta Hawks, and Golden State Warriors of the NBA.
After graduating from Peekskill High School, Armstrong started off slowly as a college athlete, averaging under 4 points in each of first 3 seasons at UConn with the Huskies. However, he greatly improved in his senior year, averaging 9.7 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 3.1 blocks, and shooting 61% from the field. He followed after his teammate Josh Boone, and won the Big East Defensive Player of the Year in the 2005–06 season.
He was declared eligible for the 2006 NBA Draft, and was selected by the New Orleans Hornets with the 12th overall pick. Known for his shot-blocking and athleticism, he was anticipated by analysts to be an instant contributor to the Hornets front line, but the team then traded for the Chicago Bulls center Tyson Chandler. Chandler was named the starting center, and Armstrong did not do much to improve in the following off-seasons.
In July 2011, Armstrong signed with ASVEL Basket of the French Pro A League. In August 2012, he signed with Panathinaikos of the Greek Basketball League. In December 2013, he left Panathinaikos.
On January 2013, Armstrong was acquired by the Santa Cruz Warriors of the NBA D-League. He played very well for the Warriors, earning 2nd Team All D-League Defensive Team honors. In May 2013, he joined Changan Group Guangdong of China for the 2013 NBL season.
In November 2013, he was re-acquired by the Santa Cruz Warriors.
On December 11, 2013, after playing in six games with Santa Cruz, Armstrong signed with the Golden State Warriors. On December 29, 2013, he was waived by Golden State. On January 3, 2014, he was re-acquired by Santa Cruz.
On February 3, 2014, Armstrong was named to the Futures All-Star roster for the 2014 NBA D-League All-Star Game.
On February 22, 2014, he signed a 10-day contract with the Golden State Warriors. On March 4, 2014, he returned to Santa Cruz after his 10-day contract expired. On March 30, 2014, he signed another 10-day contract with the Golden State Warriors. On April 9, 2014, he signed with Golden State for the rest of the 2013–14 season. He started the final game of the regular season and recorded a double-double. On July 30, 2014, he was waived by Golden State.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
|2006–07||New Orleans/Oklahoma City||56||5||11.3||.544||.000||.597||2.7||.2||.2||.5||3.1|
- Hilton Armstrong – IMDb
- "KINGS ACQUIRE HILTON ARMSTRONG". NBA.com. 2010-01-11. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- "Wizards Sign Hilton Armstrong". NBA.com. 2010-07-13. Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "Hawks Acquire Hinrich and Armstrong". NBA.com. 2011-02-23. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- Asvel inks big man Armstrong.
- ShamSports.com: Hilton Armstrong player profile
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Center Hilton Armstrong
- Pacers sign Hilton Armstrong
- Indiana Pacers release Hilton Armstrong
- Warriors Sign Hilton Armstrong From D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors
- Warriors Waive Hilton Armstrong
- Eighth Annual NBA D-League All-Star Game Features 16 Players With NBA Experience
- "Warriors Sign Hilton Armstrong from D-League’s Santa Cruz Warriors to 10-Day Contract". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. February 22, 2014. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "Warriors Sign Hilton Armstrong From D-League's Santa Cruz Warriors to 10-Day Contract". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. March 30, 2014. Retrieved March 30, 2014.
- "Warriors Sign Hilton Armstrong for Remainder of the Season". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. April 9, 2014. Retrieved April 9, 2014.
- "Warriors Waive Hilton Armstrong". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 30, 2014. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- "Besiktas Integral Forex goes big with Armstrong". Eurocupbasketball.com. August 6, 2014. Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- DraftExpress.com Profile
- LNB.fr Profile
- ESPN.com Profile